Looking for Friends on Ideal Protein diet

Options
I'm on the Ideal Protein Diet for the second time. Let me explain...last year I started Ideal Protein and lost 26 lbs. Things got crazy with work, selling my home/moving etc and it stopped the program and just tried to keep really active. I started the program again two weeks ago and have lost another 7 lbs!! I still have 39 lbs to go but I'm on my way!!!

I'd love to have friends using MFP and IP diet to share the journey with. Anyone out there? Lets support each other.

Replies

• inkedupgurl
    inkedupgurl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing IP, Just started Thursday (2/7). I binged my 2nd day and ate 10 packets!! Oye. Today I've had 5. 3 just isn't enough. I figure even 5 plus dinner is less calories than i used to eat anyday..im sure weight loss is coming, just might be a little slower..
  • cwhite6109
    Options
    I'm consuming two packets of the ones we can have two of and one of the packets that is a '1'. I add an extra hard boiled egg and lots of green veggies. I lost 26 lbs a year ago but had to stop when expenses got too much. I started again on 1/23 and have lost 7.5 lbs as of this morning.

Don't stop, its a journey not a race...
  • CityGirl129
    Options
    Yep- same here- back on the high protein diet again. Lost 5 lbs in first week ...(again)
    I am determined to really stick with it this time too- Very cool that you are down 7.5 ilbs today!!! Doesn't it feel great to see that scale go down!!
  • CityGirl129
    Options
    I know what you mean "inkedupgurl" - sometimes I just can't get enough of those ID chocolate pancakes. YUM~
  • inkedupgurl
    inkedupgurl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had another "binge" yesterday, 9 IP packets..oye. I went to see my coach today and we made a new plan..with my breakfast pkt. I'm adding an apple or banana..I'm going to have chili everyday for lunch, even though it's a 2x a week, and I will add 150g of kidney beans and a salad with walden farms drsng, for snack I will add cottage cheese and then a good dinner like the protocol says and then a sweet pkt for desert..I am done eating for the day and am coming in just under 1200 calories. I have 40-50 ponds to lose, I think 1200 calories a day is just right until I lose 30 or so and then I can drop down..first wiegh in this Thursday..fingers crossed..I haven't tried the chocolate pancakes, but i did add instant coffee to my chocolate drink and it sustained me for 4 hours!! I also add 2 cups of brocolli to the brocolli cheese soup and my coach said i can add 30g of cheddar to that if I want...I'm looking forward to a little less of me..xo.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    what is this diet?
  • marci1027
    Options
    can someone tell me an approximate cost for this program before i ask for info?
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    what is this diet?

Yeah what is this? Never heard of it.
  • Tziri04
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm on this diet as well and I'm halfway through Phase 1 (finally!).

Aprox. cost is different based on the clinic you go to. Mine is 90 a week (a little more once a month for supplements)
    I was definitely turned off by the cost at first, but I'm glad I went through with it.
  • synchorswim
    synchorswim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I started this diet 2/15/13, perfectly the day after everyone gave me sweets for valentines.
    I am at Day 6 and have stuck with it great!

So for those inquiring, This is a 4 phase program , during phase 1 (the most expensive phase) you eat very regimented as follows:
    Breakfast: 1 protein Pack, Coffee or Tea , Vitamins, Water
    Water
    Lunch: 1 protein Pack, 2 C green veggies
    Water
    Dinner: 8oz (1c) protein, 2c green veggies, vitamins
    Water
    Snack: 1 protein Pack, vitamins, water
    OH yea and you can have unlimited lettuce, hot sauce, spicy mustard, I'm still learning new tricks as I go!

The protein packs they have range from drinks, to soups, to omelets, to pudding, to snacks, they are $28/box which includes 7. I think (still on 1st week). You need 21 for the week, so about $80 bucks for 3 boxes.
    In the initial starter kit they give you a range of items to try different ones. Plus the shaker and the sea salt and vitamins. (Starter kit $186 + consultation fee usually around $100). Plus purchasing all your veggies and dinner proteins I've spent about $25 in addition to the packets.

You do phase 1 till you lose your goal weight.

So far so good, had a headache day 3 but besides that only got really hungry day 5, ate 3 c of spring mix lettuce with spicy mustard. unbelievably not that bad!
    Would love to know more tricks and tips!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Very low carb with no fat......not good also very low calorie......wonder why it works. Plus why buy a supplement, when actual whole protein sources are not only cheaper, tastier, but also have the other matrix's attached to them. like micronutreints.........waste of money imo.
  • Tziri04
    Options
    Very low carb with no fat......not good also very low calorie......wonder why it works. Plus why buy a supplement, when actual whole protein sources are not only cheaper, tastier, but also have the other matrix's attached to them. like micronutreints.........waste of money imo.

I love reading posts like this one. Just like any eating plan, there will always be people who are against it (sometimes without even knowing anything about it). I for one find WW to be a waste of money because you can do it yourself with free apps, however I have total respect for people who are losing weight through that program (or any other program they choose).
    It is not a diet for everyone. It is not no fat (I just ate 30 g of fat yesterday). If anyone is looking into this diet please research it thoroughly first and decide if it is worth it to you. www.3fatchicks.com has an ideal protein sub-forum and there is a lot of great information in there. I have been on it since last November. I had full blood panels done recently and everything came back very healthy (nutrient levels, kidney/liver function etc..) It has also completely changed my relationship with food. Most clinics that offer the diet have open house nights where they talk about it and let you sample some of the food. There is a lot more to this diet than people realize. So again, it is not for everyone and please do your research first! For me, it has been worth it and I will end the program unbelievably healthy and with 0.0 regret.
  • synchorswim
    synchorswim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    low carb, no sugar. Definitely not no fat, just limited. I love Tziri04's post below.
    This is for sure not a diet for everyone, but when you cut your sugars completely out of your diet, let me tell you from this past week, I can not believe the clarity I have and the feeling that I can accomplish anything.
    Sure there are highs and lows as in any diet. But agreed research needs to be done before blank assumptions can be made.
  • mamamcneil
    mamamcneil Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am on IP and have lost over 30 lbs on it. I am actually becoming a coach!
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    So far so good, had a headache day 3 but besides that only got really hungry day 5, ate 3 c of spring mix lettuce with spicy mustard. unbelievably not that bad!

The headache sounds like your body switchover into Ketosis
  • Tziri04
    Options
    If you have a Pinterest account, start searching for ideal protein boards (if not than open up an account :o) ). There are many of them with lots of great recipe ideas! I've been ricing cauliflower and using it to make fried rice recipes and mexican salsa verde rice. They are sooooo good. There are also lots of dressing recipes for salads (I'm not a fan of WF products anymore). Hope your next week goes really well!
  • StarNSeven
    Options
    I'm on IP, alternatives since there isn't a centre around me. I start Jan 2, and I'm down 34 pounds so far. Really liking the plan!
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying I know nothing about this diet. That said, it sounds like another low carb-ish high protein diet. Regardless, losing five pounds in day or two, is mostly water, and it will come back after your next day or two of normal carbohydrate consumption.

This sounds like a waste of money to me. Protein is great, and I recommend a high protein diet, but i don't recommend spending lots of money on "protein packets." Other than that...eat your carbs, eat your fats, and eat your protein....watch your calories, and exercise. Dropping 4 pounds of water isn't a long term solution to weight loss!

Best of luck to everyone! ! !
  • wsalusky
    wsalusky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been doing IP since Dec 21st 2012, which I call my "End of the World" diet based on the Mayan calendar. I've been on it for just over 2 months now, and even after going off track last week while traveling [I dropped out of ketosis, but totally maintained *NO GAIN*], I've still managed to lose 42 pounds in that time. Fellow IP'ers, add me!
  • majikkan
    majikkan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been doing IP since Dec 21st 2012, which I call my "End of the World" diet based on the Mayan calendar. I've been on it for just over 2 months now, and even after going off track last week while traveling [I dropped out of ketosis, but totally maintained *NO GAIN*], I've still managed to lose 42 pounds in that time. Fellow IP'ers, add me!
    You make us non-IPers totally jelly. :)