examples of healthy food

Options
WinnerVictorious
WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
i see a lot of silliness in these forums about certain foods being "healthy" or "unhealthy".

there is no such thing as "healthy" or "unhealthy" food. food is simply fuel. you can eat all things in moderation and still lose weight and/or be fit. the people who have a pathological need to classify foods according to whether or not that they can or cannot be eaten, are called orthorexics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa

free yourself of the mindset that you have to subsist on nothing but lettuce and carrots and you can not only lose weight enjoyably, but also maintain that weight loss for the rest of your life!

all of the following foods are perfectly healthy. they all have nutritional value. you can eat them in moderation with no shame and no guilt. as long as they fit your macros, enjoy them! ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress )

feel free to post other healthy foods. :happy:

triple-chocolate-bundt-cake-300x241.jpg

mario-s-trattoria.jpg

chocolate-chip-cookies-crunchy.jpg

depositphotos_4636262-Strawberry-ice-cream-sundae.jpg

burger.jpg

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to add you can be unhealthy by eating all food people consider healthy. And sometimes doing terrible things can increase ones health (though there are better way to go about it of course). For example, I'm terrible at iron. And I hate fish. But I'll eat battered deep fried fish, and I exercise. Iron problems be gone.

When I started here I was eating 1200 calories of mostly vegetables and chicken and I thought I was full. My hair started falling out in the shower because I wasn't getting all my macro and micronutrients. I upped my calories to something reasonable and that problem went away.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    how about the good morning burger..?
    l.jpg

or a sonoran hot dog?
    new-essentials-sonoran-hotdog-m.jpg
    or chicken fried bacon?
    sodolaks_country_inn_chicken_fried_bacon_01.jpg
    or a maple bacon bar from Voodoo Donuts?
    ngbbs4d9776991f66f.jpg
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Careful. A common sense could thread like this could be construed as a parody :grumble:
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    yummy! if this is healthy then losing weight should be easy lol
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I may make pizza today.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Wrong thread to click on for my first day back after a 2 month break... :mad:
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    yummy! if this is healthy then losing weight should be easy lol

it's all about making them fit your macros.

e.g., 2 or 3 Oreo cookies a day is perfectly fine. a whole bag is a different story.

that's what people need to understand. life is meant to be enjoyed and few people can have long term success depriving themselves of things they love to eat. it's ok to eat the foods you love. eat them in moderation while eating an overall nutritious diet and this whole process becomes so much easier... it really does!

e.g., The Rock allows for stuff like this in his diet from time to time. it's perfectly fine for the rest of us to do that too.

the-rock-cheat-meals.jpg
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMM, Dutch Baby.

IMG_3101.JPG
  • calibriintx
    Options
    Oh, WTH? lol
  • trogalicious
    Options
    MMMMMMM, Dutch Baby.
    I uh.. I need a minu... a minute..
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    MMMMMMM, Dutch Baby.

what is that? is that a fallen souffle??
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Skipper-Dipper-Bubble-Gum-Ice-Cream.jpg
    bubble gum ice cream MYYYY FAVORITEEEEE!!

pho.jpg
    pho!! YUMMY!! i think this is actually healthy BUT IT DOESNT TASTE healthy haha so thats why i LOVE it!

ChipotleBurrito.hmedium.jpg
    chipotle burrito YUMMY! i know this is healthy but its VERY high in caloires..

chickfila-sandwich.jpg chick fil a!!! YUMMY!
    lol i can keep going but ill stop lol I LOVEEE FOOD! and i eat all of this!
  • calibriintx
    Options
    Hopefully this one isn't as big. It's like a German pancake. You bake it and eat it with all the butter, lemon and powdered sugar. Omm nom nom! Here's a recipe. http://www.somelikeithotinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/02/baskets-breakfast-and-soup-oh-my.html

Seriously amazing and I'm not crazy about lemon.

304_dutch_baby_pancake.jpg
  • trogalicious
    Options
    MMMMMMM, Dutch Baby.

it's like a pancake and a crepe made sweet sweet love and had a baby.. and raised it right, read it good stories, made sure it GOT that pony that it wanted for its birthday.. sent it off to a good college where it met a good boy.. and then they lived happily ever after.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Hopefully this one isn't as big. It's like a German pancake. You bake it and eat it with all the butter, lemon and powdered sugar. Omm nom nom! Here's a recipe. http://www.somelikeithotinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/02/baskets-breakfast-and-soup-oh-my.html

Seriously amazing and I'm not crazy about lemon.

304_dutch_baby_pancake.jpg

that looks good. i love breads (and all bread-related foods). i think i inherited a gene for that from my German ancestors. :love:
  • calibriintx
    Options
    MMMMMMM, Dutch Baby.

it's like a pancake and a crepe made sweet sweet love and had a baby.. and raised it right, read it good stories, made sure it GOT that pony that it wanted for its birthday.. sent it off to a good college where it met a good boy.. and then they lived happily ever after.

That made me cry. I need a tissue. Then I'm going to the store for lemons. I can't talk about Dutch Babies without making one.
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i made upside down peach pudding today and ate it with Cornish ice cream.... Healthy nomnomnom...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Amen! I make room for ice cream on an almost daily basis, unless I ate something else, like a Snickers dark. Mmmmmm! I may be having pizza for lunch, too. :bigsmile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the all things in moderation mentality...but I also do believe the majority of one's diet should be quality, nutrient dense foods for proper health and nutrition. At least for me, it's made a huge difference in my blood work...the kind of stuff pictured above would have made up about 90% of my diet just 4 months ago...now those kind of things make up maybe 10% of my diet...my blood work is now seriously heading in the right direction.

I do think the key is moderation...but some peoples idea of moderation isn't really moderation...I know mine didn't used to be.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    l_Crisco_All-Vegetable_Shortening_453g_CHF7_70_.jpg

goldmedalflour.jpg

Mountain-Dew-Diet_45574493.jpg