Your strangest thing ever seen, outside/while/exercising.

Options
TrailRunner61
TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
What is the strangest thing that has ever happened to you while you were outside hiking/jogging/walking/running, etc.?

I've had a lot of strange things happen but I guess the worst was when I was out hiking/geocaching and I found a dead coyote. I was looking at it kind of creeped out, stepped out of the way and seconds later there was a giant rockslide near the cliff where I had been standing. Creepyyy!

Replies

• gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was chased by a doe while running on a nature trail. It loped along side me for about 100 metres making a grunting noise.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i dont like exercising outside.. im scarred of people kidnapping me lol.... haha NEVER CAN BE TO SAFE! no but in all reality one time my friend and i were walking to the park and this HUGE TRUCK pulled right in front of us and the driver looked at me and did the gun signal with his hand and pulled the " hand trigger" OMG we got so scarred we ran away all scarred HAHA over a hand gun.. but it was weird.. we got shot lol... and it wasnt fun..

sometimes i get so paranoid i will go to parks and just run around in a circle because im scarred of using the trails because people could be hiding there and grab me lol... seriously so i just run around and around in circles lol ..

those are my stories haha..
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention geocaching.... today while hiking in the open space and looking for a couple of caches we didn't attempt last week - we found some hikers 'stash' ..... well insulated, water bottle, a homemade bong, lighter and more stuff then we cared to look into ( we thought it was the cache at first!) needless to say we did a little CITO to dispose of it..... it was located up high (no pun intended) with a beautiful panaromic view...we never did find the cache tho
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    a mountain lion in my neighborhood. It ran across my path and I think we scared each other. I thought I was seeing things until other people started yelling "cougar".
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    a mountain lion in my neighborhood. It ran across my path and I think we scared each other. I thought I was seeing things until other people started yelling "cougar".
    Yikes!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    Funny you should mention geocaching.... today while hiking in the open space and looking for a couple of caches we didn't attempt last week - we found some hikers 'stash' ..... well insulated, water bottle, a homemade bong, lighter and more stuff then we cared to look into ( we thought it was the cache at first!) needless to say we did a little CITO to dispose of it..... it was located up high (no pun intended) with a beautiful panaromic view...we never did find the cache tho
    That's hilarious!
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    I was chased by a doe while running on a nature trail. It loped along side me for about 100 metres making a grunting noise.
    Oh gosh that's scary. I had one stomp it's feet and grunt at me once. It was a small doe also, but it was still scary!
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    i dont like exercising outside.. im scarred of people kidnapping me lol.... haha NEVER CAN BE TO SAFE! no but in all reality one time my friend and i were walking to the park and this HUGE TRUCK pulled right in front of us and the driver looked at me and did the gun signal with his hand and pulled the " hand trigger" OMG we got so scarred we ran away all scarred HAHA over a hand gun.. but it was weird.. we got shot lol... and it wasnt fun..

sometimes i get so paranoid i will go to parks and just run around in a circle because im scarred of using the trails because people could be hiding there and grab me lol... seriously so i just run around and around in circles lol ..

those are my stories haha..
    Oh my gosh, I would have had a heart attack. That is scary!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I saw a woman sitting in a wheel chair, using her legs to move it, she had her arms folded in her lap, if she can walk with the wheel chair why can't she walk without it? She went like 2 blocks!
  • Wolf_
    Wolf_ Posts: 442
    Options
    65 year old man
    Short running shorts
    Leg abduction machine

I'm still blind.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

That happened to me at the gym, only it was a cardio bunny.
  • TrailRunner61
    Options

That happened to me at the gym, only it was a cardio bunny.
    Ha ha! those are even scarier, especially the orange bunnies. Yikes
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    Yesterday I saw a woman sitting in a wheel chair, using her legs to move it, she had her arms folded in her lap, if she can walk with the wheel chair why can't she walk without it? She went like 2 blocks!
    That is weird!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    My favorite is still our local jogger who is 65 and runs in a speedo and a straw hat.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    coyote fur on one hike and bear tracks more recently also a shoe and a wallet
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    My favorite is still our local jogger who is 65 and runs in a speedo and a straw hat.

Wow. Under the category of "Some things you can't unsee".
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    Eww!!
  • Wolf_
    Wolf_ Posts: 442
    Options
    I'm only 38. And its a tweed hat.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Having spent many years working in a nursing home, this happens a lot. Some people may not have the strength or stability to walk. But it doesn't mean their legs don't work. Wheelchairs aren't just for paralized people. Nice empathy tho.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Walking alone in twilight and seeing a huge mass of branches and dirt moving, only to get closer and discover that it was a giant porcupine crossing the path. This was on my way up the hill. On my way down it was even darker and I couldn't see very well, and the possibility of coming across said porcupine again, surprising it and getting myself stuck with quills was nerve-wracking.