How often do you weigh in?

Options
As stated.

What do you find best for weighing, weekly, fortnightly, monthly?

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    at the beginning: daily (sometimes 4 times a day to see my daily rythym)
    Now, within 10 of my goal: monthly
  • bbrown1006
    bbrown1006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pretty much daily to get an idea. But Sunday is my official weigh in day
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself daily to keep myself in check, but only log it weekly or now biweekly since I'm so close to my goal.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    It's better to do it weekly.
    If you do it daily, it's not very reliable - you're going to fluctuate and so it's best to give your body time to adjust itself and learn how to live with your new lifestyle habits.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record every time I see a weight lower than previously recorded. I see fluctuations but I can look at my progress on MFP and see the overall trend. I know (because of this) that I tend to stay around the same weight for several days then drop a pretty good amount of weight over a couple days then sit there for about 3 or 4 days and drop again. It makes me feel better than if I only record or check once a week (if that day happens to be a water retaining day or something like that it can be very disappointing.)
  • chrysrc
    chrysrc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and write it down, that way I can compare and see how much I've lost over a certain amount of time
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Weekly. Same time. Same scale. Nekkid
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Every morning I weigh myself but I only record on Thursday morning. I don't know why it's so important to me as you will find a great debate on weighing daily vs. weekly but it works for me. I had to come to terms with the fact that my weight can literally change several pounds from day to day but have learned to not let that bother me. I think I just do it out of habit and curiosity.
  • Faded_Memories
    Options
    Sometimes twice a day. Morning and night - I keep it on a calendar on my wall. I only add my morning weight to MFP though....and usually every day. I know some people say you should only weight once a week...but for me its easier/more rewarding to see it every day.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Weekly and every Friday but I will do a test weigh on a Wednesday.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I don't. Maybe I should being that I can't button my skinny jeans.
  • enoughisenough9
    enoughisenough9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Every morning just after I wake up. I need to see a consistent loss otherwise I get demotivated pretty quickly.
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning.

If I didn't, I think I would go crazy - I am just well aware that the number will go up and down at irregular and unpredictable intervals.
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    First time on MFP I was doing it everyday, recording, obsessing... Guess what, it didn't work. I do it now every two weeks, always see some results, and that helps a lot more than dealing with the natural fluctuations that depressed me 3 out of 6 mornings.
  • amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale and I'm in college so I weigh myself every time I go home for break. (Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, etc). Obviously this isn't very often, but I don't need to know how much I way. I can tell if I'm looking and feeling better without needing a scale.
  • Chaslorr
    Options
    Every morning before getting dressed. It helps to find what foods actually make you weigh more if only temporarily.
  • starrisonmclennon
    starrisonmclennon Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i weigh-in once a week but if i know i've had a bad week, i leave it for longer like 5 weeks
  • jonmico
    jonmico Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Every day. Then every Sunday I do a 7 day average of those week's weigh ins.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing every morning in the nude after going for a pee...the scale has a 3 minute memory on it...so then I wait 3 minutes tidying the bathroom, exhale all my breath and bend my knees and stand in a different position on the scale...hmmm this can lose 0.2

then after I shower I sneak up on the scale from a different angle, kind of like a ninja, all secretive so the scale is not expecting me to weigh...this time I breath in really hard sucking in my tummy this can lose another 0.4

But then on Saturdays I just have to accept what the scale says...all the time I have tried to trick it and be friends with it during the week...is it going to care?? Nah...we will go through the whole thing again next week :laugh: