New city, new lifestyle

Options
Hello MyFitnessPal community! My name is Matt, and I live in San Francisco.

I'm 23 and have always been blessed with good health, with the exception of my weight. It's always been a struggle for me. I've "wanted" to get to a healthy weight for a while, but have never had the drive to get it going properly. Diabetes and heart problems run in my family, so I know I need to correct this while I'm still young.

I kind of rolled the dice last month and left my "safe" 8-5 clerical job at a hospital in the desert of Southern California to move to my favorite city, the "City by the Bay." While some might say that making the move AND undertaking a weight-loss regime were too much to do at one time, I decided to do so, and so far things are going quite well. Moving was empowering for me, and I channeled that positive energy into a daily exercise routine and strict calorie counting on MyFitnessPal. SF is also a great city to walk in - the steps up to Coit Tower are intense!

I'm on the right path, but since this action so far has coincided with my move, I'm worried where I'll be if the "newness" of my city wears off.

This is the first time I've popped over to the forums, so I wanted to say hello, introduce myself, and get to know some folks for support. Looking forward to talking to all of you in the months ahead :smile:

Replies

• sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi Matt, Welcome to the forums, they realy do help as they provide not only support but a place where you can let off some steam on those days when things dont seem to be going right with regards to the weight loss. Good Luck
    Steve