Any success stories from apple shaped girls?

Options
ashleab37
ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
Hi all,

I've been looking at some pictures that have scared me lately - apple shaped girls who have insane amounts of loose skin after losing weight, who claim its in part to do with being 'apple shaped'. I'm very much an apple so this freaks me out.

It's not going to stop me from losing weight - skin WITHOUT fat would look better than skin WITH fat. But it would be nice to see an apple shaped girl who has had success in losing 80lb+ :)

Replies

• ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I have no friggen idea what shape I am.. and ive only lost 30lbs total, but I would say unless you are strtchmarked and have lost 120+ lbs, its not gonna happen, lose it slow! :flowerforyou:
  • AVanCuren09
    AVanCuren09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to upload photos, but I have lost 63 pounds and have very little loose skin, I always use the it works body wraps to tighten everything up when I feel its needed :)
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    While I'm an apple shape, I only had about 50 lbs to lose, which I did in a year. Here's my success story ---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/837168-exactly-1-year-later-pics

I'm still a work in progress. I've upped my cals and started the StrongLifts 5x5 program to improve my body composition.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wonder this too. I am an apple shape and I wonder what I could even look like KittyViolet you look great!
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'll have to revisit this thread. I had 75 lbs to lose to get to my goal, so far I've lost more than half of that. I'll post pics once I reach my goal.
  • bluebirdlx
    Options
    I'm an apple shape 100%. I have over 100 to lose and to be honest I am preparing to have surgery to remove any loose skin. My arms and legs tone up easily but never my stomach. Going through all the work of weight loss just to have my stomach still be an issue is not an option. I know there are many threads about loose skin and it seems most people I read are trying to avoid surgery but I'm not.

My plan is to lose the weight and get as fit as possible, then have surgery to tighten everything up. Maybe it's because I've already had a few surgeries for medical related issues that it doesn't scare me. I think it's worth saving the money and investing in it. If someone chooses to live with the skin and they are happy I support them. It's not for me!
  • carfamily08
    Options
    I'm not sure if I completely fit apple shape (I'm more banana, I think?) but I still carry a lot of weight in my stomach and have a before/after (from 170 to 138) after 3 kids in my profile. I have some loose skin but it's way less than I thought I'd have with the amount of weight/inches I've lost off my stomach. I'm just getting into more strength training and am hoping that firms up the rest.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared there is nothing that says you can't do it without too much loose skin. Some is normal but even after multiple babies mine is not very visible as long as I don't wear a thong in public. Here I will upload a truly embarrassing before shot so you can see how very apple shaped I was.

IMG_6191_zps8a275207.jpg

And here is me in a 2 piece that hides all my loose skin, so as long as you aren't trying for g-string in public I can say its doable.

299882_10151118491869249_1922482017_n.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!