struggling with cross trainer work outs!

Options
hi guys,

I don't know if you would be able to shed some light on my issue I am having at the moment? I started using the cross trainer 3/4 times per week for 12 minutes each session the first week was great I got bloody knackered but I managed it, the next week I attempted the same however after 5 minutes I had to stop because I was so tired out and it seemed like mega hard work in comparison to the first week! I have been doing the exact same programme! i don't know if any ladies may help but i am due my period imminently as well and i don't know if that has made a difference? i attempted the cross trainer twice last week but gave it up as a bad job! i have gone back on it this evening and i finished it! very pleased but very confused! any ideas?

Jeanette xxx

Replies

• Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It could be a number of things - sometime before my period my workouts are really hard so it could be that.

But it could also be mental. Sometimes you just need to suck it up and keep going. Maybe take the intensity down a notch for a minute then take it back up. If you really really have to stop then move on to your next exercises, and then come back and try again in 10 or 15 minutes.

Other things which affect my performance are my food earlier in the day, or my water intake. If I am dehydrated even a tiny back my workout stinks!

The most important thing though is that you try again the next workout day. Good luck!