Would love some encouragment.

Options
I've always tried to "diet" but now I have 2 young sons, I need to be a healthy role model for them. I'm 174lbs and looking to lose 24lbs. I'm a horrible sweets/soda addict and would love some friends to help keep me accountable/motivated.

Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    feel free to add :)
  • trentnivins
    trentnivins Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add, now I am not sure about the parent thing, doing for them as the right thing to do, but in my experience you must do it for yourself! Or you will not do it

I have found that cleaning up my diet, was the key to getting things to work, eat healthy foods, lots of color on your plate.
    Lots of veggies, cut down on bread or flour as much as you can, pay attention to serving sizes, treat yourself once in a while, have the piece of cake once in a while, ( one in three or four months) have the Xmas dinner thanksgiving dinner, enjoy them but be good, not perfect but good, the rest of the time, btw :-)
  • orw3ll
    orw3ll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to be a diet Pepsi addict too. Then to help kick it, I tried to drink one glass of water for every glass of Pepsi. Eventually I started feeling better by having water in my system and now I mostly only drink water. Also, one of the biggest things that helped me stop eating sweets was to stop buying them. If they aren't in the house, then I can't eat them. I know it's harder with kids, but I think a good start is to make smart decisions at the grocery store. Good luck with your goals!
  • imkjohnson
    Options
    Im sure you will be totally successful, you can do it (: Feel free to add me!
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 myself and just crossed the big 40! I've never really tried to diet before, but finding now that I need it! On a journey to lose 25 myself! Feel free to add!