Week 1 help please!!!

Hey yall!
So I am taking 6-8 weeks to train my body really hard to help me get ready for my next season (I am an assistant golf professional and am striving to better my own game).
I got with a trainer, got on a good eating program, Having been devoting every waking minute to bettering my body, health and game. I decided I was going to try different types of workout programs, such as Zumba, A.M.P.E.D, Yoga and W.E.R.Q .
I have been keeping close tabs on my nutrition, making sure I push my body pass its "comfort zone" but not injuring it, I have been working on staying motivated and everything else.
I realize that weight does not come off easy, I promise I am not that nieve .... but I know I have allowed myself to be fairly non-active (and yes I am ashamed to admit that) and my eating habits have not been the best ..... so taking this into consideration I thought once I started pushing myself, eating healthy and everything I would see at least 1 pound difference on the scale.
I DID NOT, in fact I gained a pound!!!!! This is killing my inside. I wished I could say, I shouldn't of ate "this" or only if I wouldn't of ate "that" ..no, I can't say that because I have been making sure I set my self up for success.
What I really do not understand is, someone who is as heavy as me, burning as many calories as I do and truly pushing past their limits should drop a lot of weight fairly quickly, but yet I can't seem to drop 1 pound in 7 days :(
I was told that it takes 2 weeks for your body to start loosing weight, and I guess that I can accept that... but I just wanted 1 pound!!!
Anyone else experienced this lately?
How did you move past it and keep the motivation up?