Trying Gluten Free

Options
I know this technically could go into Nutrition but I have already looked over the post about recipes. I'm not so much asking what to eat. I just need the support to stick with it! I jsut started today and I already feel like I have nothing I can eat lol. I am trying to cut it completely out of my diet but just take it out a little from my families. So I'm not asking for food ideas, just support to get through the initial period of changing eating habits. So all positive thoughts and vibes and stories would be appreciated!

Replies

• GrAlVt
    GrAlVt Posts: 42
    Options
    I've been trying to go gluten free as much as possible for the last two weeks; I've only had food known to contain gluten twice in that time. Yesterday I had a meal consisting of two tortillas, and I will say it felt utterly crappy about 2 hours after that. I doubt it was the gluten specifically, but I think it definitely has an affect on how my body responds if I go without for a while.

It's not quite as hard as I thought it would be though. Sure, I have to avoid burritos, sandwiches, and pretty much any pastry, but I've found some good alternatives. Those KIND bars with fruits and nuts, sometimes sold at the counter at Starbucks, are surprisingly delicious. Since pretty much all junk food has some form of gluten in it, if you're really avoiding gluten, you're cutting out a lot of otherwise unhealthy options. Gluten-free cookies and pastries are also surprisingly delicious, most of the time. Don't forget you can still have rice as long as the package is marked gluten free.