Just how poisonous is laundry detergent?

Options
124»

Replies

• xMemento_Mori
    Options
    She needs to go...Shelter or something I mean I wouldn't want to kick her out but its that or her her behavior needs to change
  • xMemento_Mori
    Options
    Sje might have a mental disorder though so idk...
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ick! :sick:

I agree with the people who said your own health comes first. Since she won't listen to you, it's time to protect yourself and get away from her.

If you really want to help her, there are organizations that help immigrants and refugees. They offer advice and assistance in finding housing, learning daily life skills, and adapting to life in their new country. See if you can refer her to a place like this.

She's already involved with those organisations, she just doesn't seem to think she needs to adapt to anything. Sigh.

Sounds like she may have to learn from the school of hard knocks.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
    Will Rogers
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Ick! :sick:

I agree with the people who said your own health comes first. Since she won't listen to you, it's time to protect yourself and get away from her.

If you really want to help her, there are organizations that help immigrants and refugees. They offer advice and assistance in finding housing, learning daily life skills, and adapting to life in their new country. See if you can refer her to a place like this.

She's already involved with those organisations, she just doesn't seem to think she needs to adapt to anything. Sigh.

Sounds like she may have to learn from the school of hard knocks.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
    Will Rogers

she's a refugee from a war-torn country with an anxiety disorder. I think she's learned far more from the school of hard knocks already than most people raised in the west. Sometimes, too many hard knocks can affect your mental health, usually in the form of PTSD, but it can surface in the form of other anxiety disorders. Sounds like that's what's happened in her case. Chucking her out onto the street won't help her. Mental health services have a good chance of being able to help her though.
  • tracylauren90
    Options
    It is not that crazy.

I lived my childhood with a germ-a-phobe. My step mother.

We had to wash our hands before entering the kitchen ... even if we just exited the shower (she did not know what we washed last). My brother and I would fight to touch the other ones hands to make them re-wash, so we literally ended up entering the kitchen like we were prepped for surgery.

When doing the dishes, I many times used Laundry soap. it does not lather up like dish soap, but combined with hot water will still get the job done. it rinses cleanly just like any other soap. you can tell if it is rinsed properly, because if there is any residue, the dish will "feel" like it is coated in oil. We had to add a cup of bleach to every load of dishes as well. To this day I dont feel like things are clean enough unless they smell of bleach. Bleach will also kill every germ there is, so feel free to use it as much as you like. It WILL rinse off and in the hottest of water, the dishes will air dry in like 20 seconds and GLEAM.

raw chicken is a problem, and not just because of the salmonella. If she leaves uncleaned chopping board, the chicken juice will soak into the board and rot. rotten chicken cannot cook enough to not be poisonous. (I would clean that board with bleach!)

My step mom was crazy though. by the time we stopped letting her cook, she was cleaning the chickens with bleach before cooking them. I actually saw her dunk it in the dishwater (NOT KIDDING) before cooking, because of the soap and bleach in there. She did not have the cultural issues of a 3rd world backing her. unless you want to count the deep south as 3rd world.