46 Year Old Male Just Getting Started with MFP

Options
My wife and I are recent empty nesters and have decided that now it is our time to live our lives rather than being focused on our boys. I am going to grad school for my MBA, work in corporate accounting and do high school baseball, softball and football officiating. My goal is to lose 60 pounds before my reunion in August with the Air Force squadron I served with 25 years ago. I know that is an ambitious goal but we started at the first of the year and just recently joined MFP. I have already dropped 15 pounds and want to keep the momentum going.

We are eating healthier, exercising more and trying to find healthier alternatives to some of our favorite foods. My wife has some physical disabilities due to a motorcycle accident about 7 and a half years ago but she is a trooper and has been doing an awesome job. I have minor limitations due to flexible flat foot, arthritis and gout but I am hoping these are all minimized as I drop the weight and eat healthier.

Add me as a friend if you are in a similar situation and can offer some good advice and motivation. I am not a workout freak (I prefer the treadmill or stationary bike during the winter and walking outdoors when the weather improves) but I am competent in the kitchen to try new foods and recipes (I am going to miss making my 5 cheese lasagna as often as I would like).

Replies

• firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hello, your goal seems to be very doable and good luck on your journey to a better you. Feel free to add me. My diary is open and feel free to have a look.