BeachBody Insanity Workout Day #1

Options
Hello, everyone!! I am new to FintessPal. I needed something like this to help me count my calories better.

I am an Independent Team Beachbody Coach and I am starting a new workout called Insanity. You may have seen it advertised on TV. Well, I have done workouts such as P90X, P90X plus, Chalean Extreme and also gymstyle weight lifting and variety of cardio.

This one workout called Insanity is very fast paced and a little "insane!" :noway: But I am ready for it.

So I am looking forward to chatting with many of you and share our progress and journey with nutrition and workouts!

here's my teambeachbody coaching website: www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/StepMom1

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My husband just ordered it. I am currently doing p90x, not ready for insanity yet. It does look INSANE! : ) This website has done wonders for me getting to know my body and what I put in it. Good luck!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Um, Maria... are you stalking me????? :laugh: I love MFP, glad that you're joining in! And so glad you're finally starting Insanity... I know you are going to ROCK it!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My husband started this whole thing when he ordered P90X!! And then the rest is history!!! 3 years later, I am an independent beachbody coach and in the best shape and health of my life!! I am looking forward to staring Insanity tonight. I usually workout int he mornings, but we want to workout together so I have to wait for him to come home after work.

Thanks for posting!! :smile:
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Um, Maria... are you stalking me????? :laugh: I love MFP, glad that you're joining in! And so glad you're finally starting Insanity... I know you are going to ROCK it!!!!!!! :drinker:

Hey, Jess!! Look at you!!! I didn't know you were here!! :laugh: This is so fun!! I needed this fitness pal thing to help me with the meal menus for Insanity. I like their diet but is a little different approach from P90X so I wanted to make sure I was right on track with this routine. I don't want to loose energy during the workouts.

I did really good with the Fit Test. Did much more than I thought and in many of the moves I did more than Tanya!! Yay,me!!! So I am hoping I don't "die" doing Insanity!

I will keep you posted!!

Maria
    Stepmom1
  • candessb
    candessb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 of Insanity. I eat around 1500 calories on most days and follow the plan closely. I have noticed that I am not losing weight AT ALL!!! I am losing muscle mass, but the same amount of fat is on my body. I need help!!! You can veiw my menu here on MFP. Please give me some advice. I am stuck at 144.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey, Jess!! Look at you!!! I didn't know you were here!! :laugh: This is so fun!! I needed this fitness pal thing to help me with the meal menus for Insanity. I like their diet but is a little different approach from P90X so I wanted to make sure I was right on track with this routine. I don't want to loose energy during the workouts.

I did really good with the Fit Test. Did much more than I thought and in many of the moves I did more than Tanya!! Yay,me!!! So I am hoping I don't "die" doing Insanity!

I will keep you posted!!

Maria
    Stepmom1

I guess I thought you already posted here!! You'll love how easy it is to log here and so mjany great threads!

Good job on the Fit Test! I'm sure your hubby is rockin' it too!
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    I am on week 4 of Insanity. I eat around 1500 calories on most days and follow the plan closely. I have noticed that I am not losing weight AT ALL!!! I am losing muscle mass, but the same amount of fat is on my body. I need help!!! You can veiw my menu here on MFP. Please give me some advice. I am stuck at 144.

If you are loosing muscle mass that means that you are not eating enough protein, dear. Is that what you figured with the Insanity formula? I am supposed to eat 2,200 BUT I wanted to loose like 5 pounds or so so I subtracted 500 calories like Shaun T suggested so I am at 1,700. I am going to monitor myself and if I am loosing too much weight then I am going to up the calories.

Did you also set up your page here to 40/40/20? It helps you keep track of the # of carbs and proteins you need for one day and it will make sure that you are getting enough of each!

Okay, I looked at your meals and you are not eating enough protein. For 3 of the meals, like Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner you need to have from 3-4 oz of protein for each one. You are eating very little protein. If you don't eat enough protein you will definitely loose muscle mass and your muscles won't repair as well either.

My advice is to up your protein intake and make sure that you also eat at least 2 servings of carbs per day, each serving of carb to equal 200 calories per serving or 100 calories per 1/2 a serving.

I hope that helps.

Maria, Stepmom1
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Well, my workout # 2 starts at 6:30PM EST!! Can't wait!! Is hard but is something different so I look forward to something new!

Lets bring it!
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Is workout time!! Digging really deep!!
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Done and done with my 2nd workout! I felt like screaming doing the first move!! The power jumps! yikes!!!

Burned 324 calories and 42 grams of fat. Woo-hoo! Digging deeper each day!
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Today is Cardio Recovery... I am looking forward to it!!

woo-hoo!
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Well, Pure Cardio was BRUTAL:!! Yikes!! non stop, boom, boom, boom!! Yikes and double yikes! Of course you HAVE to stop at time stop at times to take quick breaks, but my goodness!!

When we were done and on the floor I told my husband: "I sure hope this is worth it!" He started laughing. We know it will.

Burned 323 calories and 42 grams of at in 25 minutes.
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Hey, did Plyometric Cardio Circuit again yesterday and burned 354.5 calories and 46 grams of fat. I weighed myself today and no change in weight. But that's okay. Its only been one week and TOM is coming so you know how our weight fluctuates when that happens. Bad timing for me!! LOL
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    We did Upper Body Weight Training and it was awesome!!
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Tomorrow I have Cardio Power and Resistance!! Woo-hoo! Can't wait to see how I do with that one!!
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    I will be working out at 6:30pm!! Today is Cardio Power Resistance. Love that one!! Woo-hoo! lets burn some calories!
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Okay, I did my workout early today. I did Plyometric Cadio Circuit and burned 329.9 calories and 42 grams of fat!! Yay, me!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Okay, I did my workout early today. I did Plyometric Cadio Circuit and burned 329.9 calories and 42 grams of fat!! Yay, me!!
    Good job! How did you figure your fat gram loss? I thought 1 gram of fat was 9 calories? 9 x 42 =378
  • Stepmom1
    Options
    Hi!

My heart rate monitor calculates it for me.
  • Crstyna
    Options
    I just started and I'm on Day 3...how are do you add your exercises on your database?