Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

FITBIT Help Needed

Hi There! I just purchased a Fitbit and began using it on Friday. I love how it tracks everything including sleep. I thought I was supposed to continue to log my exercise on MFP even if I wear my Fitbit. I feel the Fitbit adjuster is giving me a lot of calorie burn credit. What is the best way to use it? If I use the treadmill for 30 miinutes, should I log it into MFP or let the FITBIT calculate for me or both?

Any help is appreciated! I am confused!
Thanks all!

Replies

• mogz36
    mogz36 Posts: 38 Member
    Fitbit excels at counting step-based activity so you only need to manually log exercise that isn't walking/jogging/running (e.g. swimming, cycling). Also, don't be afraid to eat back all of your fitbit adjustment. I've been eating my entire fitbit adjustment for the past 5 weeks and I've been consistently losing the weight I've expected to lose. It works.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    one fun thing - if you haven't noticed yet - is if you have the fitbit website and MFP linked, it actually wont let you double log - the automatic added calories from fitbit drop when you log exercise - really it's consistency that count, chose one or the othe and stick to it.

I usually only log strength workout now that my fit bit tracks my step workouts.
  • joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Quote" "is if you have the fitbit website and MFP linked"

How do you do this? I just bought a fitbit and want the two sites to link
  • DaisyDi65
    DaisyDi65 Posts: 70 Member
    Joan, when on MFP, there is a link on the side I think called apps. Fitbit is in there. Very simple to link. I also just exercised to Wii, added all of it, and all the previous calories adjusted. I have not consumed all the calories since using fitbit since it puts we in the upper 2000 range.
  • joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks, followed your advice and it worked. Now I am reading the "Fitbit New User" forum.