What are you giving up for LENT?

Options

Replies

• WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Just decided today that I am giving up desserts. I have a horrible sweet tooth, so this is a huge challenge for me. I have tried in the past with little success, but I think I can get through it this time. I hope that it will have me seeing smaller numbers on the scale and on my dress size before Easter Sunday!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Football.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

:huh:
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give up soda.

I also liked someone else's idea to give up Facebook...that would be a good one for me as well! Tough though!
  • linda_smith_6
    Options
    Since I have not done this in awhile, I will give up three things...chocolate, pizza and ice cream.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My belly button. Im gonna let all the lint accumulate hassle free!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Swearing... I've made a bad habit of swearing at work of all places. Nowhere else, really... just work.

I like the idea of not buying anything I don't need though. That one will probably go down the crapper when I find concert tickets I want though... So I guess it's good that I NEED concerts. :smile:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Football.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'm guessing you're being funny, since we are in the post season now and there are no more new games to watch at the moment. Or were you referring to everything football? It would be tough for me to give up my football news with the draft coming up and all.
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Im giving up a few lbs of fat for lent but I dont want it back after lol other than that im giving up giving up anything
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm not religious at all but I like doing things for Lent as I find it "fun". This year I'm going Paleo (or as much as possible), which includes no alcohol - and I'm Irish....

Last year I gave up smoking (with flying success), the year before was sodas, ...
  • SylentZee
    Options
    This one time I gave up religion...so I guess you can say I stuck to it ever since.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, it's Lent already? I can't wait for paczki and then fish fries... what a time of fasting!
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Not a believer but I do believe that self discipline is probably good for the soul, since Christmas I have been all over the place and my Lenten discipline is to restart logging
  • fletchfb
    fletchfb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I once had a Priest tell us at church not to give up anything for Lent but to make a lifestyle change to improve ourselves or to help others. Forty days is long enough to make it a habit and to get it to stick.

I am going to increace my level of exercise and healthy activities.

F

:smile:
  • DeirdreMum8
    Options
    Love all these ideas, good luck all!!

I decided I am giving up my morning snack, eating between 10 and 1, it is when I choose poorly, and replacing it with a daily devotional. It is a great time of year to create a new habit. Hopefully this will kick that poor choice snack time to the curb and make me more mindful with the devotional.

:smile:
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Last year I gave up all meat (except fish, dunno why). This year I'm giving up bread. Not all carbs, like I'll still eat rice, potatoes, and of course vegetables and fruits. But no more rolls, pastries, sliced bread, baguettes... Ugh. Basically everything I love. But hey, it IS supposed to be a sacrifice.

ETA: good luck everybody! Especially those of you giving up chocolate!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    religion
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Not giving up anything, but am going to work extra hard on worrying less and being less O-C about things.
  • newfette81
    Options
    I'm giving up chocolate and for a healthy replacement I am going to cover the distance of an ironman triathalon.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm not Catholic but I do think it is good to fast from things as a form of worship.
    Think I'll do sodas, this will be HUGE fo me! I drink a lot of soda a day!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Sex.

Pretty much my wife's choice, but I'm counting it for me.