Getting tone - vibration platform

Options
Hi Everyone

Has anyone tried weight training using a vibration platform. I've seen a few places locally that used this type of training and was wondering if anyone had and if so what results they had. It's supposed to be great as it uses your own body weight to tone and tighten your entire body.

If anyone has used of heard of if feedback would be great.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    These are generally effective for rehab/physical therapy and should not replace actual exercise.
  • CatMou5
    Options
    "Tone" is a result of building/maintaining muscle mass while reducing your body fat *percentage'. The most efficient way to achieve this is through a solid weight lifting routine. Don't waste your time on vibrating machines... pick up some dumbbells and benefit.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    "Tone" is a result of building/maintaining muscle mass while reducing your body fat *percentage'. The most efficient way to achieve this is through a solid weight lifting routine. Don't waste your time on vibrating machines... pick up some dumbbells and benefit.

Damn you've made 3 posts and and the two that I have seen are solid. Welcome to MFP.

ETA - actually Make that all 3.
  • GosuLoli
    Options
    They don't seem to do much, really. I used to use one in conjunction with my weights routine but I doubt that it made any difference. It just makes your teeth chatter really, and it's quite uncomfortable until you get used to it.
    My advice would be to just stick to your weights and cardio as your bread and butter of your fitness routine. If you want to give it a try, by all means do, but don't think of it as a replacement for your routine.