Not in the least.
  • WeatherGirl8
    WeatherGirl8 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Not once!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    was accurate last month..don't think it will be this month..
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Don't think so ^^ I can't remember the number for 5 weeks, especially not when the number is different every day. Lol.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It has never been accurate, but it keeps me dreaming about the weight I am shooting for that helps keep me motivated in a very small way.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    DO you eat EXACTLY the same way every day? And do you remember what the damn thing said 5 weeks ago to realize when you weighed in today?

And besides, I don't really care.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Completely accurate for me. When I look back at trends, gains etc. it is right on!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    yes, actually. For me it was almost spot on. I wrote the predicted weight in my calender and I was that exact weight 3 days after it said I would be. That's pretty close. I think on the exact day I was less than a pound away.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're doing, but most likely not. Some have sworn by it (and I've done experiments of additional tracking myself), but weight loss just isn't linear. You could do everything "perfectly," and there's still no guarantee between water retention, hormones, and all sorts of fun things, that you'll actually be that weight in five weeks. Throw in the fact that "perfect" is way too difficult (through under/over estimation of calories taken in or burned), it's hardly an actual estimate and more of a "guideline," I'd say, to highlight if you're eating at a deficit. And if you are strength training, you can pretty much throw it out the window (I've been told I'd be a certain weight for *months* that I have yet to reach, but I've lost inches during that whole time).
  • summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Some days I have higher calories and it only predicts me like 3 lbs less in 5 weeks and other times its like 10 lbs less. That makes it impossible for me to really track. I think it only works if you are really consistent on your logging.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    No but I don't eat or exercise exactly the same way every day. I also don't follow the calorie plan MFP set for me to begin with so I take it all with a grain of salt.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Never.
  • kaefer13
    Options
    Not really
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Never.

That's a good idea, I'm going to do that...............Thank you!!

Dang it!! I quoted the wrong post, now to try it again
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    NO! LOL! I think you would have to eat and exercise the exact same way each day for that to happen. Actually I don't even think that is true. I lose in spurts and I think each person is different.
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It has never been accurate, but it keeps me dreaming about the weight I am shooting for that helps keep me motivated in a very small way.

^^^ This is one of the things i love about mfp! It isnt ever accurate for me but keeps me motivated every day :happy:
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here long enough. (Only 3 weeks). I eat pretty different from one day to the next so one of those weights is bound to be accurate :)
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    NOPE !