SNOWSHOE WORKOUT

Options
I took my good buddy Jake out this afternoon for a snowshoe workout since the gym closed at 4 PM today. It was about 22 deg and a light 10 mph wind coming out of the canyon with some flurries falling. We did a good 45 minutes broke up into intervals of walking and running. Jake led the way and made me play catch up. Great workout and a great time with my buddy.

IMAG0104_zps17f25597.jpg

IMAG0105_zps3f2e3b89.jpg

IMAG0113_zps3b1e8705.jpg

IMAG0114_zps1b91c117.jpg

IMAG0108_zps1b21f57b.jpg

Replies

• neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am SO JEALOUS of you! I love snowshoeing, and it is SUCH a great workout! I finally invested in my own pair of snowshoes last winter. We haven't had more than 2-3 inches of snow at a time since then (it's been about 14-15 months). :sad:

Oh, and if you change "IMG" to "img" your pics should work. Your doggie is awesome :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Make those IMGs into imgs, and they will automagically fix.
  • Gusman14
    Options
    Make those IMGs into imgs, and they will automagically fix.

I made them into imgs and now it says they are deleted.

Pulling hair out...
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
  • Gusman14
    Options
    I am SO JEALOUS of you! I love snowshoeing, and it is SUCH a great workout! I finally invested in my own pair of snowshoes last winter. We haven't had more than 2-3 inches of snow at a time since then (it's been about 14-15 months). :sad:

Oh, and if you change "IMG" to "img" your pics should work. Your doggie is awesome :smile:

Are my pics showing up? You say my doggie is awesome but I can't even see him in the post.
  • Gusman14
    Options
    IMAG0104_zps17f25597.jpg
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Are my pics showing up? You say my doggie is awesome but I can't even see him in the post.

I copied and pasted your original links into a different window and they showed up. Lemme try something....

Edit: I got the "image has been deleted/moved" message too...this is your image link: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/gusman14/Mobile Uploads/IMAG0109_zps2cea9d82.jpg

From this I can see that your folder on photobucket is called "Mobile Uploads" with a space in it, but MFP turns that into "Mobile%20Uploads," which screws up the link. Make a new photobucket folder with no spaces in the name (like "share" or "mobile"), move your photos there, and try re-linking them here.
  • Gusman14
    Options
    IMAG0112_zps102a996b.jpg

IMAG0114_zps1b91c117.jpg

IMAG0104_zps17f25597.jpg

IMAG0108_zps1b21f57b.jpg

IMAG0105_zps3f2e3b89.jpg
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I snow shoe almost daily, I live on the edge of a state forest, which is also very hilly, I love it, I do about 2-3 mi. its a great burn.
  • Gusman14
    Options
    I learned to snowshoe and cross country ski when I was in the UP back in the 70s. It was a great way to travel and get back to the lakes where the snowmobiles would not go. My whole family has them and we love them but I just don't get out enough on them. Gonna put an end to that and enjoy this great winter snow...
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Aw Jake looks like he is in HEAVEN! happy dogs are so cute.

Snowshoeing is fun, I need to go do it again soon.
  • Gusman14
    Options

Do you get much snow where you are at?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

Do you get much snow where you are at?

Not a lot of fresh snow this winter, but usually yes. And the Canadian Rockies are about 45 minutes from my front door :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Stopped back by to see your pics. Love the smiling dog. I used to live in Lake Tahoe, and my dog and I spent many a day in the snow. So fun.
  • Gusman14
    Options
    More snowshoe shots from last nights snowshoe adventure.

My wife enjoying the cold winter night.
    IMAG0125_zpsa29d8db4.jpg

IMAG0130_zps815fa6ce.jpg

Me enjoying the cold Utah night air.
    IMAG0132_zpsaa77aa79.jpg

Jake doing a little mousing in the night.
    IMAG0129_zps770cbb19.jpg
  • Gusman14
    Options
    And a few shots from today...

Jake down by the river.
    IMAG0135_zps77cffcde.jpg

Jake breaking trail.
    IMAG0138_zps272e72e2.jpg

Found himself a mouse.
    IMAG0137_zpsb91e3422.jpg