I've lost my motivation

Options
I've been doing MFP faithfully since the end of September. I've been walking or doing aerobics, losing weight, losing inches, feeling good, and really have had no difficulty staying with my program. But the last couple of weeks, I'm beginning to lose my motivation. It's harder to get up in the morning to exercise and I find myself eating things that weren't in my day's plan.

Has this happened to anyone else and how do you remotivate yourself before getting completely off track?

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I don't have any fantastic advice, but I just wanted to post in case other people did have advice and encourage you to keep going!

I have lost motivation more times than I can count. Sometimes it is only for a day or two and I get back on track. At one point, I lost motivation for a couple years, gained 50 pounds (after previously losing 67).

At this point, I tend to fake it until I find it.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I think we all lose it at one point or another.. the scale not moving can be depressing.. not being able to eat all the junk we like etc...

the point is NOT give up..just keep going..

take some pictures now and compare them to when you started..that give me a boost when I need it.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Find something that will motivate you EVERY DAY!! Right now, for me I watch The Biggest Loser and it really inspires me to eat right and workout. When I was on track in the past, I watched it whenever it was on (twice a week, or whatever it is). Pictures and quotes also inspire and motivate me. I like quotes about success and motivation (just google image search them). I also write out my favourite quotes and put them on the wall in my room (where I will see them a lot), to remind me of my goals, and the reasons why I want to be a more fit individual.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I lose my motivation and get back to it on a regular basis. I found this today, and thought it was helpful:

"Sometimes we get so caught up in the end result that we forget that fitness is not just about weight loss or gaining muscle. It's not just about exactly what we eat or how many times a week we workout. We become focused solely on results rather than the change it takes to get those results! Make change your focus. Allow the process of becoming a better person to start on the inside. If you focus on your mental and physical health and only do things that will make you better...the results will come on their own and they will be lasting! ~Marsha

(stolen status from one of the Facebook groups I follow, "Strong is the New Skinny." )
  • aileengh
    aileengh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just knowing that I'm not alone helps. Shoshi68, that quote puts everything in perspective. Thanks everyone!
  • aileengh
    aileengh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice in your blog, cordianet. Thank you. I'm going to make my lists right now
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    YES! I have done that too. I started this latest journey on the 2nd of January and have felt like giving up about three times but what's kept me going (which seems to be working) is visiting the success stories section here. Looking and reading peoples stories has really kept me going. If they can do it so can I.
  • badmojo108
    Options
    Discipline is how I get through those days when I have no motivation. I have plan and I stick to it. Days I feel motivated it's easier and I enjoy it, days I don't have any motivation I still do it anyway, I just whine and complain more while doing it. I made myself a promise to stick with it, so I do. I don't want to let a lack of motivation become an excuse. I can't control how I feel, but I can control what I do.