Mud Race Training

Options
I'm new to MFP so looking for friends also looking for recommendations on training for a mud race I'm doing next month. Its a 5K with an obstacle. I've been doing C25K and some intermittent weight training but anyone thats done these obstacle course things any recommendations for how to train is appreciated.

Replies

• bizzyboo1
    Options
    Bump. Anybody see this?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Just continue running and working on strength. I did my first last year and it was a blast! Make sure you can pull yourself/up/over/through things and you should be good! Most of all just have fun!
  • jasharp021
    jasharp021 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP so looking for friends also looking for recommendations on training for a mud race I'm doing next month. Its a 5K with an obstacle. I've been doing C25K and some intermittent weight training but anyone thats done these obstacle course things any recommendations for how to train is appreciated.

I've done a few runs (5k to Tough Mudder). You are climbing, crawling, jumping, etc. I would focus on the running. You can catch your breath at each obstacle. I'm not sure how active you are but things like push ups, squats, burpees, sit ups, etc will get you and your core stronger which will get you through the obstacles. They should have the obstacles on the website so you can get an idea of what you need to do.

There is a team feel to these events so don't be afraid to help others and get help.