Do you believe in "Cheat Days"?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• IronHutch
    IronHutch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have spent an entire lifetime developing a strong relationship with Chocolate, I can't just cheat on it with Vegetables all the time...c'mon people! Do what works for you!
  • elena0559
    elena0559 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hhhmmm an entire cheat day? I dont think I can trust myself with a whole day of cheating/treating myself. But maybe later one meal for a speacil event or something like that.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    change the word cheat to treat

I like this! I'm officially changing cheat to treat. My doc encourages occasional treat days. Right now, I'm super busy for a few days and have given myself permission to have maintenance as my goal for a couple of days. Eating at maint. is my goal for treat days.

And...

There is a HUGE difference between cheating on your spouse or bf/gf and cheating on your diet!!!! Cheating on your diet affects you and your goals for yourself. Cheating on another person affects the other person and your relationship! There's no trust issues in my "relationship" with food. Once trust is broken in a human relationship, it's extremely difficult to repair. I have a commitment to my bf to not be with other men in a romantic way. I've never promised anyone, including myself, to never eat chocolate or a high-calorie meal ever again. Now...certain foods I find extremely nasty tasting...I promised myself to never eat them again :-)

In short, comparing cheating on your SO to cheating on a diet shows huge disrespect for that type of relationship.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I will usually have a cheat meal, because if I have a cheat DAY, I will eat absolutely every unhealthy food I can get my hands on in a 24 hour period. So I'll go out and maybe order something that's not real healthy (like this Sunday I already know I'm going to be bad at lunch so I'm preparing for it ahead of time by eating healthy the rest of the week. And I don't always have a cheat meal every week either - some weeks I'll be good the entire time. But you have to treat yourself every not an then - no one's perfect all the time.