Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm fat. I'm in denial. I'm stupid with no willpower.

13»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Are you fat? maybe you are if your body fat percentage is above 30 or so

Are you in denial? maybe you are if you kid yourself that your body fat percentage is in the healthy range when it's not

are you stupid? NO!!!

do you have no willpower? well if you say you don't it can become a self fulfilling prophecy...

Please don't talk to yourself like that, it's not good for you and negative self talk can become a self fulfilling prophecy (which is why motivational self talk can really help to turn things around)

instead say: I am burning off this excess fat. I accept the situation and take responsibility and I am changing it. I am an intelligent woman and I can do this!
  • Thankyou guys so much. I just got the chance to read everything everyone wrote me here, wrote me in messages and on my wall. I reeeeallllly appreciate it. I just got to DO IT. I have to stop waiting around. And it is me sitting here making me eat so much and be depressed. All I do is eat, think, play with my babygirl.
  • rtrcarrie
    rtrcarrie Posts: 50 Member
    That could be great......playing with your baby. Google (or whatever search engine you use) "Exercise with baby" and try some of those. Lot's of young mom's do this and it's great for both of you. It will take some of that sitting around time and turn it into fun for the two of you, exercise for you, and bonding like mad :-)

Hang in there girl, you can and will do what you need to for yourself. There's not a single thing stupid about wanting a healthy life for yourself or reaching out for help. You are an AWESOME role model for that beautiful baby!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Your biggest enemy for you to conquer will be YOURSELF. If you think less of yourself, others will too. Stand tall. See the beautiful woman you are. You are making a positive step by being here, and as someone else said, baby steps are key, each baby step adds up. Log everything honestly and I think you'll be quite happy with your results. :bigsmile:
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    ????All you have to do now is reach out and walk beside me.:smile: One step at a time.