Lost weight, now what?!?

I lost a nice chunk of weight. I either get told to a.) do more cardio because I am still a little thick or b.) get rid of the cardio and heavy lift.

I work out for at least an hour almost every day and I do lift, but am scared of heavy lifting because I already have thick thighs and don't want them to be bigger.

What should I do? I have lost weight but in my opinion I looked better 20 lbs heavier because I had a more even hour glass figure. I never thought I would be unhappy after losing weight :(

Replies

• ambrosij
    ambrosij Posts: 317 Member
    I wouldnt cut out cardio entirely, but you definitely can add in some heavier lifting 3x a week. Woman getting thick from lifting is pretty much a lift, most woman lack the testosterone to get thicker from lifting, I have included a website that you may find useful:

http://www.schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/ladies-and-lifting-how-serious-strength-can-build-a-sexy-physique

Dont lift every day, there should be some cardio in between each workout. You will be surprised at what lifting does for you.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    What about a and b? It doesn't have to be one or the other especially if you like one. If you are trying to add muscle, you may want to cut back on cardio, but doesn't have to be permanent.
    I have big thighs, always have. Heavy lifting has done nothing but make my figure better and my legs smaller. I am also a runner. I vote both. Or focus on heavy lift ing.