Pork Tenderloin

Options
RedneckWmn
RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
Anybody have a fairly easy recipe for pork tenderloin? If you have a croc pot recipe that would be awesome as well!

Replies

• epond
    epond Posts: 30
    Options
    I used the recipe below a couple of weeks ago. Very yummy!

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Sweet potatoes

Ingredients

¼cup (50 mL) light brown sugar
    ½tsp (2 mL) crumbled dried thyme
    ½tsp (2 mL) salt
    ¼tsp (1 mL) black pepper
    ¼tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
    ¼tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
    ¼tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
    ¼tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
    2lb (1 kg) sweet potatoes (3 medium), peeled and sliced ½ in/1 cm thick
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1½lb (750 g) pork tenderloins (2 small or 1 large)
    2 medium apples, peeled and coarsley chopped
    ¼cup (50 mL) dried cranberries
    2tbsp (30 mL) water
    directions

1. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, thyme, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cayenne.
    2. Arrange the sweet potato slices in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the chopped onion and sprinkle everything with about half of the sugar and spice mixture.
    3. Coat the pork tenderloins with the remaining spice mixture and place them in the slow cooker on top of the vegetables. Depending on the shape of your cooker, you’ll probably have to curl the tenderloins around a bit to make them fit — that’s fine. Top the tenderloins with the chopped apples and the cranberries, then add the water and cover the cooker.
    4. Cook on high heat setting for 1 to 1½ hours, then switch to low heat and let cook for an additional 5 to 6 hours. After 5 hours, quickly lift the lid and poke a fork down into the pot to see if the sweet potatoes are tender. If so, it’s ready. If not, switch the slow cooker back to high heat for the last hour. (If you aren’t home after 5 or 6 hours, don’t worry — it’ll still be delicious if it cooks a little longer.)
    5. To serve, remove the tenderloins to a cutting board and carve crosswise into thick slices. Spoon the sweet potato-onion-apple mixture into a serving bowl and arrange the pork slices around the edge. If there’s any liquid left in the slow cooker, serve separately on the side.

ENJOY :flowerforyou:
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amazing-Pork-Tenderloin-in-the-Slow-Cooker/Detail.aspx

This one tastes WONDERFUL! It smells a little funny while cooking, but it really is amazing!

I also use tenderloin for pulled pork. I just add a bottle of bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's) per loin. Cook on low for about 6-7 hours. No "pulling" necessary, more like "fluffing" :laugh: the meat with a fork because it is so tender.
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    Mmmm...both of those sound delicious!
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I really like this recipe. It's super easy and very tasty!! If you try it, let me know what you think. :)

Pork Tenderloin Recipe
    Preparation time: 30 minutes prep and cooking. 10 minutes to sit before serving.

Ingredients
    1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
    1 clove garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
    Salt and pepper
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    2 Tbsp grapeseed oil or canola oil
    1/2 cup of chicken or beef broth
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1 medium sized apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
    Method
    1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2 With the tip of a sharp knife, make deep little slits all over the tenderloin and insert the garlic slivers. Season with salt, pepper and cumin.

3 Place the oil in a skillet and sear the tenderloin well on medium high heat for about 10 minutes, turning the meat over as it browns.

4 Remove the meat from the skillet (do not discard the juices in the skillet) and place in an oven-proof serving casserole dish. Add the broth and white wine and place it in the oven for 10 minutes.

5 After you've placed the meat in the oven, cook the apple slices in the same skillet (with the remaining oil and juices) that you used to brown the tenderloin. Saute until soft.

6 After the tenderloin has cooked for 10 minutes remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes, before carving. It will continue to cook while it sits. Slice the tenderloin into 1/4 inch thick slices. Add the sliced apples to the meat in the serving dish. Serve immediately.

Serves 2.
  • foxywife75
    foxywife75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I make an amazing marinade for the pork tenderloin. I made it from scratch so my measurements may not be right on, taste as you go to balance the flavour:

4 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
    1 tablespoon of Old Fashioned Dijon Mustard
    1 tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
    1 tablespoon of soy sauce
    1/4c of maple syrup or sweeten with brown sugar
    2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
    2 oz red wine
    fresh chopped parsley

Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Taste to ensure that it's not too sweet or tangy. Place pork tenderloin in ziplock bag & then pour in marinade. Let soak in fridge for as long as you can. Set oven at 425. Remove pork tenderloin from the marinade (don't disgard marinade) & sautee on stove for 5 min per side. Pour remaining marinade over the pork tenderloin & place pan in the oven for 20 minutes. Once the pork tenderloin is cooked, remove from the pan & use the left over marinade for a sauce. I turn up the heat on the stove & add some organic chicken broth. Once the sauce begins to reduce, take it off the heat. Slice up the pork tenderloin, pour on the sauce & enjoy! My girls love it.
  • ChefJeremyC
    ChefJeremyC Posts: 332
    Options
    Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa

Prep Time:25 min
    Start to Finish:25 min
    makes:2 servings

1/2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 lb pork tenderloin
    1 kiwifruit, peeled, chopped
    1 (1/2-inch-thick) slice pineapple, rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    1 tablespoon orange marmalade
    1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño chile

1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix gingerroot, salt and cumin. Rub ginger mixture over pork.
    2. Place pork on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until pork has slight blush of pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F.
    3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir remaining ingredients until marmalade is completely mixed in.
    4. Cut pork into thin slices. Serve with pineapple salsa.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 650mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g); Protein 26g
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Jess, here's the link to a super easy one that I made last week. My family loved it! Note that you can make the fries with sweet potatoes instead. Also, if your tenderloin is more than 1 lb., cooking time may be a bit longer for the meat but you can take the fries out as soon as they're done.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/one-pan-roast-pork-parmesan-104998.aspx

It's awesome!