What's your body type?

Options
wolf23
wolf23 Posts: 4,152 Member
Here's a neat little test (takes about 10 seconds) if you want to find out.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,616 Member
    Options
    Your score is 2.17.

Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've taken one similar to this before and had the same results...that's good:

What Is Your Body Type?

Your score is 1.08.

Your body is closest to an Endomorph. This means that your biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That was neat....thanks for sharing
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    interesting
    heres what I got when i took the quiz

Your score is 1.67.

Your body is between an EndoMorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.

Endomorph: An Endomorph's biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.

Mesomorph: Mesomorphs have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I WISH I had a naturally fit body!! LOL

Your score is 1.75.

Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    NICE CAT!!!!!! LOL

What happened to his chompers ?!?
  • TammieOwen
    Options
    Your score is 1.75.

• ChinaGirl33
    Options
    Your score is 1.67.

Your body is between an EndoMorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.

Endomorph: An Endomorph's biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.

Mesomorph: Mesomorphs have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.
  • docwasch
    docwasch Posts: 19
    Options
    Your score is 1.83.

That is pretty much correct, it has been the "creeping fat gains" that have motivated me to get on here! LOL!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Turns out I am a mesomorph. :tongue:
  • TanRobins
    TanRobins Posts: 44
    Options
    Here's where I stand:

Your score is 1.92.

• Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    Your score is 1.58.

WOW!!!! I have to say this is probably the most accurate evaluation of my body type I have ever had (although my doc already says this!). I have always been described as having an athletic build, and right now I do have too much body fat, but I know that I am also pretty muscular as well...
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Your score is 1.83.

That is pretty much correct, it has been the "creeping fat gains" that have motivated me to get on here! LOL!

That's what I got!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    Your score is 1.17.

Your body is closest to an Endomorph. This means that your biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Your score is 1.58.

I think that sounds about right - I think I'm more on the endomorph spectrum. :happy:
  • DZKathryn
    Options

• Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    1.67 That is exactly how i feel.
    inbetween like everyone else but closer to mesomorph which makes me smile.
  • frankjack
    frankjack Posts: 18
    Options
    Heres where I'm at

Your score is 1.92.

• lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    This is what I got:

Your score is 1.83.

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Thought I would give this a bump to see if anyone else wants to find out. My score was 2.0 closest to mesomorph.