Pasta for dinner..

Options
Does anyone else find that of they have a pasta dish for dinner, evening meal. They wake up looking bigger than usual; possibly bloated?

I have found this a few times and if so does anyone know of any remedies or substitutes as I loooove pasta :-) x

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Any bloat is likely just water weight from a carb-heavy meal. You could try low-carb pasta, if it bothers you that much. But honestly, if you love it and it fits within your goals, I'd say just eat it and wear something looser in the morning.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    You're carb sensitive!! happens to me with bread!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly I don't have that issue. I had pasta today, but I only had a cup. I plan on having it again tomorrow.
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    Thank you for he replies guys, carb sensitive sounds right as I get it with bread and that too x
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Yeah, or I just feel kind of crappy and bloated when I go to bed that night. I usually just have meat and veg for dinner but last night I had some rice with it and felt gross. I don't have a problem if I eat complex carbs during the day though.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    If i eat a sandwich I wake up looking like the nutty professor!!!

sherman klump!!!!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    What everyone else was saying. It's usually pizza for me.
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    It's so unfortunate all my fave foods are carbs.. I understand the klump thing.. I went to Rome and all I ate was pasta and garlic bread and pizza.. I was literally puffy by the time I got back I looked pregnant.. Maybe I'll look for low carb substitutes and avoid having so much of it..
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you are going to have pasta, probably whole grain is best! :)
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    yes this is me today! i had capellini last night (no regrets though, it was delish!) but now i look bloated ugh....lots of water helps.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you're game to try something new, you could look into Shirataki noodles They come in yam and tofu. I definitely prefer the tofu, and it's 40 calories for 8 oz. You have to rinse them and par boil or microwave them first because they have a weird smell otherwise, and they are, of course, not quite the same, but I put them in a skillet with some butter and add some garlic, and they're pretty dang tasty.
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    I certainly am up for trying anything, you put so much effort into losing weight and then looking bloated ruins it all. Thanks I will try them :) x
  • benflando
    Options
    Pasta puts weight on me too easily.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find that of they have a pasta dish for dinner, evening meal. They wake up looking bigger than usual; possibly bloated?

I have found this a few times and if so does anyone know of any remedies or substitutes as I loooove pasta :-) x

This could be caused by a number of things, but the 2 most likely are either that you have a gluten intollerance or you don't eat grains often. If you restrict grains on most days, it's natural to bloat on days that you include them as your body won't produce as much of the enzymes needed to break them down on a daily basis.

Or it could be something else, like too much sodium in your pasta sauces, or an intollerance to something else you typically put in your pasta sauces.