Is this even possible!?!?!

I'm seriously surprised! Normally I lose like 1 pound every 2 weeks. Two weeks ago I weighed 147 pounds. It took me a week to drop down to 146. But this past week I weighed myself on Friday and weighed 145. I weighed myself again on Sunday and weighed 144. Now I weighed myself this morning and weighed in a 143. I have never lost 3 pounds in a span of 4 days before! Should I be happy, or does it just look like my weight is fluctuating?

Replies

• JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    That just happened to me. I had weighed and lost 1.4 pounds and weighed in the afternoon next day and lost another 1 pound= 2.4 pounds in 6 days!!! but on the scale this morn and gained 2 pounds(which I believe is water weight). So, I am assuming weight is fluctuating.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Probably both!

Well done for the fat loss!!!!
  • labgf4
    labgf4 Posts: 10
    This has happened to me, but I can tell by what's going on in my life that it's really water weight dropping off. Everyone is different though. As long as your being healthy, that's all that matters!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    It's not really possible to lose fat that fast, but your body was probably storing water and no longer is. Don't be surprised though if it goes back up. If it doesn't, enjoy your weight loss.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    I keep posting this link... but it really explains why this happens.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

Y'all have just experienced whooshes. Congratulations!
  • veggiegirlie2
    veggiegirlie2 Posts: 26 Member
    I have loss weight like that, and haven't gained it back. I've worked out daily and eat the majority of my calories. There's a lot of different reasons why it could be happening I suppose. But just keep consistent with a healthy regiment. & best of luck of course :flowerforyou:
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Happened to me recently. I went back up. But overall I am losing. If you are going to weigh yourself every day, you should take a moving average. I forget how you do that.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I'm seriously surprised! Normally I lose like 1 pound every 2 weeks. Two weeks ago I weighed 147 pounds. It took me a week to drop down to 146. But this past week I weighed myself on Friday and weighed 145. I weighed myself again on Sunday and weighed 144. Now I weighed myself this morning and weighed in a 143. I have never lost 3 pounds in a span of 4 days before! Should I be happy, or does it just look like my weight is fluctuating?

When i first started losing weight I lost 3 to 4 pounds a week each week for the first month and then it slowed down to more like 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. Now that I'm closer to my goal weight its getting harder to lose anything at all. I can go all month or even 2 months with no loss. I'm sure if the weather was nice enough and I could get a walk in every day I would lose again. I'm still doing all the other exercises I usually do and then some but still no loss. The scale will go up a little and then back down but if it goes up for you don't get discouraged. It will go back down as long as you stick with it. Its normal for our bodies to put on some weight due to different issues. Take your measurements now so that when you feel discouraged due to the scale you can measure again and see that while you didn't lose pounds you've lost inches.