2 months in and need help

louisejj
louisejj Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
before i moved i used to do loads and loads of walking and excercise...i used to eat about 2000-3000 calories and used to be a very fit 8 1/2 st

my lifestyle changed due to moving. i now do nothing, nowhere to go, school runs cutting the day in two...etc etc. but because i've always been active and eaten a lot to compensate i'm finding it hard now to cut back. i also used to enjoy a glass or two of wine. i'm used to eating a lot. Now i have put on over a stone in 8 months and have tried this 1200 diet but the only thing i'm doing is maintenance and not losing anything. and i'm starving hungry and in need of some alcohol!! so i don't think i'll be able to cut back further. my lifestyle is sedentary now...how can i lose weight? i'd be happy just to lose half stone!!

what can i do? and excericse is out of the question because theres nothing and nowhere i can do or go. wii fit is boring. the nearest shops is 45 minutes walk away ...so i can't walk there and back everyday because i haven't got time or the money!

Replies

• futfurd
    futfurd Posts: 33 Member
    Why is excersize out of the question? there is always room for a few pushups, and some jumping jacks. It is very hard to stay sedentary and lose weight!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Exercise doesn't have to be walking/running/going to the gym. There's so much you can do with body weight alone. In your own home you can do body weight movements that will build muscle and get your heart going! Just do a search on "bodyweight exercise" and you'll find tons of options.

If you are not satisfied with 1200 cals a day, bump it up. You'll be more likely to succeed (even with slower results) if you feel comfortable with your caloric deficit each day.
This discussion has been closed.