Low Calorie Desserts

Options
rughead06
rughead06 Posts: 4,291 Member
Im looking for some good low calories desserts? anyone able to help.

Replies

• jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Are you in love with chocolate cake? I take one box devil's food chocolate cake mix, stir in one container 6 oz. fat free plain greek yogurt and then one cup of water. lightly spray a 9x13 cake pan with cooking spray and bake for 350 degrees around 18-20 minutes unitl your toothpick comes out clean. by my cake brand it makes 12 servings and 158 calories a piece, AMAZING. i top it with some low fat or sugar free cool whip but it's great plain. YUM !
  • angelacarmela0830
    angelacarmela0830 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Are you in love with chocolate cake? I take one box devil's food chocolate cake mix, stir in one container 6 oz. fat free plain greek yogurt and then one cup of water. lightly spray a 9x13 cake pan with cooking spray and bake for 350 degrees around 18-20 minutes unitl your toothpick comes out clean. by my cake brand it makes 12 servings and 158 calories a piece, AMAZING. i top it with some low fat or sugar free cool whip but it's great plain. YUM !

That sounds yummy!!:smile:
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Best website for high protein low-cal desserts, amongst other things:

http://www.proteinpow.com/p/recipes-by-category.html
  • geeluv1124
    Options
    Hello for a quick snack that's about a 100 caloriesI buy dessert shells (they come in a pack of 6) and I use cool whip on top. You can even add some fresh fruit and it tastes delish!
  • geeluv1124
    Options
    Sounds awesome!
  • runningwild00
    Options
    I'm not sure if you are looking for nice desserts for company, or just something at night for yourself. I have been making yogurt parfait type desserts.....1/2-1 cup yogurt, then add favorite fruit, like blueberries, some almonds for a crunch, and a little bit of honey. I will stick it in the freezer to get cold. This has helped me because I love ice cream!
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I made these cupcakes for a family dinner yesterday & they rocked!

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/skinny-cookies-n-cream-cupcakes-recipe.html
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I made Greek Yogurt popsicles.

1 cup frozen fruit (I used Raspberries)
    2 Tbsp Honey
    2.5 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
    Splash of vanilla and/or splenda taste (or just get vanilla greek yogurt, I had plain on hand)

Stir the raspberries into the honey to coat. Then add in 1.5 cups of Greek Yogurt and Vanilla. Blend all this. Then layer this mixture in popsicle molds with the remaining 1 cup greek yogurt.

It will make 5-6. They are under 100 calories a piece and take FOREVER to eat! I had one last night and it took like a half hour to eat it.
  • rughead06
    rughead06 Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you are looking for nice desserts for company, or just something at night for yourself. I have been making yogurt parfait type desserts.....1/2-1 cup yogurt, then add favorite fruit, like blueberries, some almonds for a crunch, and a little bit of honey. I will stick it in the freezer to get cold. This has helped me because I love ice cream!

Its for a small get together with friends.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake is pretty low in calories too. You can make it easily from a box mix and serve with cool whip and fruit.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This is my good ol' standby low-cal and low-fat desert. I saw it here on MFP but for the life of me, can't remember from whom I saw it. These are amazing and SIMPLE. They have a texture of both a cupcake and a brownie mixed together. I probably make these once a month easily.

1 box of chocolate cake mix (we like Dark Chocolate)
    1 15oz can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin
    1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
    1 regular-sized tub of Cool Whip Lite (optional)
    1 packet of your choice of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations (we love chocolate marshmallow for these) (optional)

Mix the cake mix, pumpkin and pumpkin spice together and fill cupcake tins halfway. Bake according to the box (18-20 mins @ 350 or until a toothpick comes out clean).

To make the optional topping, just mix the Cool Whip Lite with the packet of frosting powder and top the cupcakes when they cool. Remember to put them in the fridge if you use the topping since Cool Whip needs to stay cold.

That's it! They're simple, delicious, and lower in cals and fat than traditional cupcakes. The topping adds some to the numbers, but not a TON.

Serving: 1 cupcake (should get 24 out of a batch, but adjust accordingly)

Info: 86 cals, 2g total fat
    Info with topping: 118 cals, 3.6g total fat
  • ZuzuPebbles
    Options
    This has got to be my favourite "healthy" dessert/snack - German Chocolate Fudge Bites. So much chocolate deliciousness, no refined sugars, no added oils or fats. Tastes like fudge. Completely amazing.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/02/08/german-chocolate-fudge-bites/

3/4 cup pitted dates
    1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1/16 tsp salt
    2 tbsp cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
    2 tbsp shredded coconut
    1/3 to 1/2 cup raw pecans
    optional: feel free to add some chocolate chips

Blend all ingredients together very well. (I recommend using a food processor.) Squish the dough together. (I transferred the dough to a plastic bag then smushed it together in the bag. It’s much less messy this way!) Roll into balls, cookie-cuttered shapes, or bars… or you can even use it for a pie crust!