Friends don't like change

Options
mikegl1
mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
It is interesting how this is. As you can see from my picture I need to lose weight. While I don't feel it is a huge amount I need to lose to get the look I am looking for, I still have some to lose. I am only a month and a half into this journey. My girlfriends sister has said a few things:
Your face is getting long and thin.
You look mean now.
Stop losing you look fine.

Funny how I am still at least 12 pounds away and have the worse fat area to lose to go and she already thinks I need to stop losing. As for my girlfriend, I already warned her that I was going to lose as much as it takes to be able to see my abs so I think that is why she hasn't said anything.

Replies

• SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are not satisfied with your situation and want to do something about it, you should. Opinions and advice from loved ones count, but at the end of the day, you should do what makes you happy. If losing the weight you want will make you happy, go for it. You can discuss this with your girlfriend and make her see your point. I'm sure she will not be unreasonable. Besides, 12 pounds is not THAT much weight.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    True 12lbs is not that much weight to lose but I have lost 11 so far and the difference after losing 11 is apparently noticable.
    So I can see losing 23 total would be quite noticable on my frame. Also my goall of being low enough on body fat to see my abs seems to be the piece they both don't like. I am not changing my mind on getting there, it just seems funny hearing the comments after 11 down.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Who cares what other people think or say? It's YOUR life!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You are correct sir. People don't like change especially when the change is something they too can do too. You're changing for the better and they aren't and maybe want to but are too lazy to do the work so they don't want you to succeed either because they want to feel better about the fact that they aren't bettering themselves. Keep on keeping on and do what is right for you.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    True 12lbs is not that much weight to lose but I have lost 11 so far and the difference after losing 11 is apparently noticable.
    So I can see losing 23 total would be quite noticable on my frame. Also my goall of being low enough on body fat to see my abs seems to be the piece they both don't like. I am not changing my mind on getting there, it just seems funny hearing the comments after 11 down.
    Your girlfriend should be supportive, if she is not supportive of a change that makes you happy than perhaps that is what you need to discuss.

My significant other has always supported my weight loss, though not always my means to do it. Being healthy and wanting to be better is not something to be scorned as long as you aren't starving yourself.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    People tell me all the time that I am "too thin", I take it with a grain of salt and move on. Do what you want and what makes you happy, as long as you are doing it in a healthy way then who cares what they think.