Insanity!

Now that I have your attention ;)

I've heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Yep, that's been me for about 5 years now. I found this site a few days ago and like what I see here. It seems easier than most to use and not a bunch of silly time wasters that I've found on Sparkpeople (no offense to them, but it's true for me, at least).

I lost 125 pounds about 8 years ago, then gained 50 of it back and have been playing with those same pounds for 5 years now. Then, menopause started tag teaming my already annoying thyroid disease and that's making it a lot harder. So, I've regrouped and rethought everything I've been doing and am going back to what works and trying to stay away from what I know doesn't work (for me, that is).

I know I'll get to know a lot of great people on here and even make a few friends :smile:

I live near Clearwater (on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida), been married 36 years this month to the love of my life, have 2 amazing grown children, love life, having fun, and anything on the beach or outdoors :glasses:

Replies

• Welcome and you can add me as friend if you like...love your story.
  • Thank you for the welcome!! :happy:
  • Relouw
    Relouw Posts: 11 Member
    Hi
    Friendships created on this site are a great source of strength and encouragement along this path we have chosen to travel. I joined for a second time on January 2nd and approached it very differently this time. 18 pounds down so far and I have not felt deprived at all. Good luck and add me as a friend if you wish
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Welcome, I love MFP and it def keeps you in check :) Feel free to add and we can support one another on our journey! :)
  • Welcome! Hope you achieve our goals! add me as a friend if you like
  • Add me if you want :flowerforyou: