22lbs in and trying to stay motivated

Options
Hi all! I uh...have been trying to lose weight for a long time. Im 22lbs into it this year. I'm starting this site to keep myself motivated. Hopefully it'll work this time. I get so far and then lose the motivation. Been going to the gym too each week. Last week I was sick so I wound up not going but Im starting again this week. I just want to lose the weight for myself, not for anyone else.

Right now im trying to just count calories, I started out doing the no carb thing but Im not a meat eater by nature so that didn't last long. >.> I'm shooting for 1200 calories a day, and according to the site I should be eating more. We'll see how it goes. I'll adjust as needed.

I appreciate any help I can get to stay motivated! XD

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    22lbs in this year alone? that's GREAT! just think if you stick it out another 3 months how far you will have gotten and that's only half way into the year. keep it up and by the end of the year when you look back you will feel awesome!

don't forget to eat back ur exercise calories :)
  • bizziebod
    bizziebod Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm just behind you at 19lb in and just looking at the scales motivates me! This site works for me it helps for me to log all the food - might not work for everyone but first time in my life I've managed to loose more than 5lb oh and people are really friendly.. I'm sure you'll keep motivated! Good luck!
  • queensara2478
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go. Use the tools on this site and eat the calories it tells you that you have, you will still lose weight and you wont "give up" because of starvation. Eating a well balanced healthy diet with lean protien and carbs is the best way to lose weight! I did that stupid no carb diet, it works for the short term. The best way to "diet" is to make a lifestyle change that you can live with. I wish you luck on your journey. Don't give up!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion, but I would try going with the calorie recommendation that this site gives you. That way you can work your way down to 1200 cal/day (it won't go lower) and maybe you won't burn out. I know for me personally once I'm down that low it gets harder not to "cheat" after a few months. And like Nolachick said, make sure to eat your exercise calories! Everyone wants to fight it but I think most success stories on here would agree it is important.