I don't think I know my body type?! Pear/Apple?

Options
I struggle when trying to figure what "body type" category I fit into.. You know the banana(or some say ruler), apple, pear, or hourglass. When I stand facing the mirror I look wide, when I stand sideways looking at my profile I look rather thin.. I think I could be an apple pear combo if that's possible? I gain in my stomach and its always been where my fat is stored all my life. Yet I also have a large bubble type butt (that is now more like a sad bubble after two kids). When I take pics of myself it looks like my bottom half is not at all proportionate to my upper half, not having any boobs doesn't help either, I'm only an A cup :( I've also thought maybe I could be a ruler type bc I don't have wide hips, my measurement is approx 36" 29" 36" .
It's so confusing! I am also genetically blessed with larger arms. My mom and grandma had them. Ugh, it's so confusing! I think I may have body dismorphia or something, I just wish I knew what I really looked like sometimes.
Any one else have this issue not knowing what their own body type is?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    You're body type "AWESOME"

Don't ever think or let anyone tell you any different!!!

BOOM!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I struggle when trying to figure what "body type" category I fit into.. You know the banana(or some say ruler), apple, pear, or hourglass. When I stand facing the mirror I look wide, when I stand sideways looking at my profile I look rather thin.. I think I could be an apple pear combo if that's possible? I gain in my stomach and its always been where my fat is stored all my life. Yet I also have a large bubble type butt (that is now more like a sad bubble after two kids). When I take pics of myself it looks like my bottom half is not at all proportionate to my upper half, not having any boobs doesn't help either, I'm only an A cup :( I've also thought maybe I could be a ruler type bc I don't have wide hips, my measurement is approx 36" 29" 36" .
    It's so confusing! I am also genetically blessed with larger arms. My mom and grandma had them. Ugh, it's so confusing! I think I may have body dismorphia or something, I just wish I knew what I really looked like sometimes.
    Any one else have this issue not knowing what their own body type is?

In the end, there are really only two body types.

trained and untrained. Your physiologically the same as all humans and with enough hard work and dedication, you can have the body you want.

Don't get caught up with the minutia of body somatypes. Your body is a piece of clay. Mold it to whatever you want.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a catorgary for my body type either! lol
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    BOOM!

Thats totally the word of the day today!! LOL

Whatever happened to endomorph, ectomorph and mesomorph? :tongue:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Just wondering why it matters?
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're body type "AWESOME"

Don't ever think or let anyone tell you any different!!!

BOOM!

HAHAHAHAHA! I love it!
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Blah, body types... just a label. Not many fit the "perfect" description for any one of them. If you don't think you fit one that's already out there, make your own up, it may catch on! For example I'm currrently a bingowingedfatknee'dpear shape, looking to be a trimarmedtightbuttskinnycalf shape :laugh: Catchy huh? Just love yourself for you! :flowerforyou:
  • joddumz
    Options
    I wonder this too, esp when looking at stuff about how to dress well for your shape etc -- i'm small chested and carry my weight almost exclusively on my tummy, my bum and legs are pretty decent. So i always reckon I'm more of an apple.

If your looking at it re: clothes and fashion I always look at the 2 different ones and compare them. Try things on in the shops to see what suits you. As your loosing weight your shape will change a bit too
  • ambiedawnz
    Options
    In the end, there are really only two body types.

training and untrained. Your physiologically the same as all humans and with enough hard work and dedication, you can have the body you want.

Don't get caught up with the minutia of body somatypes. Your body is a piece of clay. Mold it to whatever you want.
    [/quote]

That is a good way to look at it!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I think my body type is the same as yours. I wouldn't worry because what you are seeing is not what other people do. When you see the wide part of you...it is still little to others. So just keep working on you and making yourself happy. Good luck!
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

this website is awesome for helping with body dismorphia. when i look in the mirror, i don't see what other people see, but i'm working on it. as far as your body shape, i wouldn't worry about it, there are many archetypal theories out there, endomorph ectomorph, finding your dosha etc. but when it comes down to it, you have to find out what's good for your health, and having a positive body image is more important than all of that stuff!
  • ambiedawnz
    Options
    I don't think there is a catorgary for my body type either! lol

I guess maybe we'll just make up our own like the other poster suggested?? :)
  • ambiedawnz
    Options
    BOOM!

Thats totally the word of the day today!! LOL

Whatever happened to endomorph, ectomorph and mesomorph? :tongue:

I've read about those too and figure I fit into the mesomorph category with a bit of ectomorph possibly..
  • ambiedawnz
    Options
    Blah, body types... just a label. Not many fit the "perfect" description for any one of them. If you don't think you fit one that's already out there, make your own up, it may catch on! For example I'm currrently a bingowingedfatknee'dpear shape, looking to be a trimarmedtightbuttskinnycalf shape :laugh: Catchy huh? Just love yourself for you! :flowerforyou:

Love it! I think I'll go with... Thickmiddlesaggybubblebootyworkingonitchic!
  • ambiedawnz
    Options
    I wonder this too, esp when looking at stuff about how to dress well for your shape etc -- i'm small chested and carry my weight almost exclusively on my tummy, my bum and legs are pretty decent. So i always reckon I'm more of an apple.

If your looking at it re: clothes and fashion I always look at the 2 different ones and compare them. Try things on in the shops to see what suits you. As your loosing weight your shape will change a bit too

Yesss, knowing your body type I believe definitely helps when your trying to best dress yourself !
  • ambiedawnz
    Options
    I think my body type is the same as yours. I wouldn't worry because what you are seeing is not what other people do. When you see the wide part of you...it is still little to others. So just keep working on you and making yourself happy. Good luck!

Thank you :) !
  • ambiedawnz
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

this website is awesome for helping with body dismorphia. when i look in the mirror, i don't see what other people see, but i'm working on it. as far as your body shape, i wouldn't worry about it, there are many archetypal theories out there, endomorph ectomorph, finding your dosha etc. but when it comes down to it, you have to find out what's good for your health, and having a positive body image is more important than all of that stuff!

Thank you, that truly is something I need to work on, I have my good days/bad days but a work in progress nonetheless.
  • ambiedawnz
    Options
    Okay, although I'm no where near my goal as far as toning and muscle building goes, I added a few pics to my profile, maybe if you can see them give me your opinion on what you would categorize me as?? I am not fishing for any compliments and not looking for rude comments either, I KNOW I'm not there yet but I'm working on it!! So if ypu'd like to take a look and let me know what you think : pear/apple, ruler, hourglass, neither etc! Lol
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    You have a slight hourglass with a little pear at the bottom.
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i would also say you're hourglass