Frustrated - BUT not giving up

Options
For the last 3 weeks, I have been working my tail off and eating on point BUT I can't lose weight to save me. Last week I gained and then this week I lost 0.3. I didn't even make up for the gain. I did work out 7 days last week and 5 days this week but I doubt I gained muscle that fast.

I guess I just need someone to say sooner or later it will start to come off. I have over 100 to lose and it seems so weird that in 6 weeks I have lost less than 9 lbs.

I am just frustrated and hoping for a little insight.

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    how much WATER are you drinking?

If you're not drinking enough then there's your problem!!!!!
  • dowesney
    dowesney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I see we are almost neighbors (I am in North Canton). I took a quick look at your food diary and am wondering if maybe cutting back your sodium and sugars wouldn't help with your weight loss. Don't give up. 9 pounds is still a lot of weight loss (that is roughly 1/10th of what you want to lose, right?). Losing the weight slowly is frustrating, but it is also safe.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I would be delighted with a loss of 9lb in 6 weeks! Seriously! I average less than a pound a week, so you are doing great!

One thing I've learned over the past months is that there isn't a rush to get where you're going. The important things are to have started and to keep going. I find it helps to look at the weight lost over a month rather than over a week, because weekly will show "stalls" whereas I've always lost something by the end of the month. If you're losing weight (which you are), then what you're doing is working :).
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Don't give up when you don't see the scale move, there are other things happening in your body that mean more!! The weight will come off, don't count on the scale; pay attention to how you feel, how your clothes feel, etc.
  • jim101986
    Options
    maybe try something completly new with your cardio, if you run cycle, if you cycle box etc. when I plataeu HIIT always works for me.
  • 0yarsa
    Options
    Michelle, you are going to see results. You might want to put the scale away and use another means of measuring your progress - such as: (1) tape measure. (2) you could do a fitness test: Walk/run a mile at a pace that is right at the border between hard and comfortable. and time it. (3) Keeping up your program, do it the following week. All of your exercise and dieting are going to give you FANTASTIC results. Don't lose heart!
  • jamesagnew717
    Options
    this is what i recommend you can try out

try and get fiber , lentils, almonds, these are 2 great fibers that will help you to lose weight, it depends on your weight and if you have waste matter stuck in your colon ,

this is what i can recommend you to try , have lentils and almonds for breakfast lunch and dinner, drink plenty of water around 3-4 liters a day,

I take half a cucumber and put it in a blender with 1 liter of water, i then place this into a 2 liter plastic bottle and fill it up to the top with water, i drink this first thing in the morning not all at once but through the morning, then do the same for the afternoon, the reason i do this is to keep track of my water intake, then i know i get at lest 4 liters a day not including the water from the lentils ;)

below is what i recommend that you must have in your diet plan for weight loss

vitamin D
    Vitamin B12
    sea kelp Iodine,
    flax seed oil, linseed, this is essential omega 3 6 and 9

i use 100 grams of lentils with 750 milliliters of water then bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the lentils are soft,
    take 30 almonds with this also not inside the lentils, but separate, do this 3 times a day and you will feel amazing energy, and i can guarantee that you will lose at least 3lbs a week doing this, with exercise, you can lose a heck of a lot more,

i do not go to the gym or that, i just do around 30 min walking a day , try and not stress out about losing weight, its 90% of what you eat and about 10% light exercise can help but its optional, listen to music and learn to relax helps stress level :)

the above calorie intake is 350 calories each meal giving a total of 1050 calories a day, you can snack on almonds if your hungry , but just be aware that 30 almonds is 200 calories,

I am very confident about what I have shared with you , and i wish you well in your weight loss efforts,

:)
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't think 9lb in 6 weeks is bad, 1lb a week is about right.

Looking at your food diary the one thing I would say is your sodium and sugar are high and that could be working against you, you might find things easier if you cut them.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary, and you are doing really great. Down 10% - that's awesome. But I think you should be losing more than a pound a week, given your efforts.

I think you mentioned in your other posts that you have been diagnosed with PCOS, so your metabolism is going to be stubborn. You may want to look at the documentary Fat Head by Tom Noughton or just google his website which has a lot of good information. (I have Netflix and it was available for instant streaming.)

This film made me realize that every BODY is different depending on our personal hormonal reactions to food. You may have to do some experimenting with your own personal fat/protein/carb ratio to find what works best for you.
  • jamesagnew717
    Options
    if you have insulin resistance then you should try out what i suggested, because the fiber will help you feel full and will not spike your insulin as its a slower release of sugar into your blood , avoid all fruit.

the metabolism is only affected by the types of food you eat, so when someone says , its my metabolism that's slow, what they are saying is that the food they had is not breaking down the way it should , its not a problem with them, its the food they had that caused it,

not all food is broken down and turned into energy the same way,

take 100 grams of white sugar vs 100 grams of lentils

the sugar will be broken down fast and go straight to your blood causing insulin spike, the insulin will remain high.

the lentils are broken down slower and release sugar into the blood at a slower rate not causing any spike on the insulin levels, just a normal reaction , and your body will use energy to break down the lentils because of the fiber,

you must see that the metabolism is just the food being convert into energy for the body to use effectively, so give your body the food it needs first before talking about metabolism

its all about making the correct decisions that's all it takes

all the best
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Glad youre still here fighting the good fight. Not much advice to offer, but keep up the good work making those heart, lung, and muscles stronger.
  • jamesagnew717
    Options
    ok, i looked at your food diary

first thing i seen was that your getting 55 grams of sugar a day , this is insane amount of sugar to be eating every day

i recommend you get only 5 grams of sugar per meal, no more than this, that's 15 grams of sugar a day, maximum, you make this change alone, and you will see results for sure, try your best to avoid salt, i know its difficult, but you could try different herbs like oregano , or thyme,