Different amount of calories...

Options
Hi everyone,
Iam just starting out and iam confused! When i am filling out my food diary, why does the products on the website have different amount of calories to whats on the package?
Thanks K x

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It may be the same product but made in a different country so the nutrition facts are different. Just keep scrolling down the list & pick the one that's closest to the package or create a new food with the correct information - or you can click into the nutrition information, click "no" that it's not accurate and edit it.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Because when other people entered it they put in the wrong amounts. I double check every thing that I add and if it is different than what the product says, I delete it from my diary and re enter it correctly. Always check it very closely.
  • kaylada89
    kaylada89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you:) x
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Yes, could be lots of reasons:
    - different serving size
    - made in a different country (for instance, in canada, our calories are often higher than what's listed on MFP, due to differences in labelling laws.)
    - was entered incorrectly

Just double check everything!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Because when other people entered it they put in the wrong amounts. I double check every thing that I add and if it is different than what the product says, I delete it from my diary and re enter it correctly. Always check it very closely.

They probably didn't put them in incorrectly. As Arielle said...based on where the person is from the info will be different. Also, manufacturers update their products over time and this will also cause a change in amounts. The info can very by country, region, or even state to state.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Also what I have noticed...the nutritional labels are actually different for the same thing (or so you think cause you by the "same thing" every week). Companies are updating the labels (very true with resturaunts) or the sizes of "single serve". Perfect example is the Minute Rice Brown Rice single serve cups...used to be 170 calories, now the label says 230! That is 60 calories difference!