To log or not to log while on holiday

Options
2»

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I always log as much as possible... just I dont get out of the habit. But I also agree with setting your goal to maintain, not to lose.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I want to enjoy my vacations, and I don't get that many of them, so I don't log. But it IS a personal choice. When I went on vacation for a week to Key West, we did a LOT of eating and drinking, but also a lot of walking. Upon my return, I had gained four pounds. I was pretty upset, but three days later when I got on the scale for my normal weekly weigh-in, I lost three of those pounds, so now I don't worry so much. I got right back into the swing of things and lost that pound within two weeks. I wouldn't skip logging on a regular basis, but for me, a week or so isn't going to make a difference in the long run. You have to make that decision for yourself. What works for one is not going to necessarily work for another. Good luck and have fun in NY (the city that NEVER sleeps!).
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I log cuz it's my lifestyle. I'm not on a diet.

See I'd say the opposite. It's a lifestyle, so life is going to happen. Enjoy it and not log. Your lifestyle will be waiting for you when you come back into reality. Not saying your wrong just thought it was interesting we had the opposite opinions because this is a lifestyle change! X

lol True...

I just log cuz it's part of my daily routine. Just because I'm on vacation I don't stop other routines, this one is no different.

Course, this is just me. Hell I log days later if I have to...I just really enjoy having that information saved...especially while I have specific fitness goals in mind.

**Edited to add that I haven't been on any real vacation/trip in atleast 10 years. Any time I go anywhere for a weekend or such, I know where I'm eating, what I'm eating as snacks etc. I'd have a hard time logging down at Disney, for example, but I'd still keep track what I ate in a notebook and fill it in later.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When I was last on vacation I set my goals to maintain for that week. I'm going to New Orleans next month, I'm not sure that will be enough, so I'll have to just take off anything I wind up putting on.