What do you use for motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Signing up for 5ks and seeing my improvement. I have the dirty girl mud run in August and I want to make it the whole way through and be a fantastic support system for my sister and sister-in-law who will be running it with me. My other motivation is my family because obesity is a problem in our family and it's starting to affect my 6 yr old nephew's health. I want to be a positive role model for them to become healthy for him.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Mini goals. My next goal is to get under 260. After that, it'll be 255 (because I'll be well on the downslide), then 251 (because that'll be 125 pounds lost), then 245 (because I want to be at 145, and that'll be 100 pounds away).
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have done two 5k's
    Signing up for 5ks and seeing my improvement. I have the dirty girl mud run in August and I want to make it the whole way through and be a fantastic support system for my sister and sister-in-law who will be running it with me. My other motivation is my family because obesity is a problem in our family and it's starting to affect my 6 yr old nephew's health. I want to be a positive role model for them to become healthy for him.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    What motivates me is friendly competition! That is why I love this site. I can push myself to do at least one percent better than the last person. And then two percent and so on...
  • kloco
    kloco Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    1. Really really good techno/dance music to exercise to
    2. Inspirational quotes as my background and lock screen on my phone. Right now my background says "One Pound at a time".
  • Gypsum74
    Gypsum74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think you should look at your profile picture about looking back! You've come so far already! I'm about 9lbs into a weightloss that seems sometimes like a mountain to climb - But I look on here and read the success stories - no magic wands, just a lot of people that have worked Really hard to achieve amazing things and it inspires me to carry on chipping away.
    Just think what you'll have achieved in another 3,6,12 months. I wish you all the best in the world moving forwards with your goals.
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    I've lowered my cholesteral levels so I want to maintain that as well as hopefully never seeing other diseases such as obesity and diabetes. Last, I love wearing tight shirts and they look and feel good on me. :D I used to always wear baggy shirts to hid the fat. No longer need to do that. It's awesome!
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My "before" photos - they made me cry the first time I saw them.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I look back at the progress I have made this far and a lot of my MFP friends keep me motivated.
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    MFP Success Stories, vacationing in warm weather, hot women at my gym, not-so-hot women at my gym, trying to not let my boyfriend get in shape faster than me, looking good naked, getting older.