Hello

Options
Hi this is my introductory message. I am a woman of 44 years who is trying to lose 2 stones. I am currently 11 stone 13 ( I was 12.4 last week) and I would like to get back to 10 stone initially. This is still over the idea weight for my height but I find it a comfortable weight to maintain and is the weight I have been for the last 20 years.. I have been on medication for the past two years and (together with some knee problems) this has made my weight balloon but am just getting re-motivated to lose it now. At the moment my only exercise is to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes which I am building up to 1 hour in the next month or so. This increases my pedometer reading for the whole day to around 7000 whereas normally it is around 2,500 so I am quite pleased.

Vilas

Replies

• sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to a great place. If you really want to lose the weight this place really can help.

Good luck on your weight loss journey
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, Vilas. I just have to askyou where you are from and how much a stone is. Just curious!!:flowerforyou:
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi, Vilas. I just have to askyou where you are from and how much a stone is. Just curious!!:flowerforyou:

not sure where Vilas is from but in the UK a stone is 14 pounds
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi there! In the last year I lost the majority of my weight and have been struggling with the last of it. Still a lot but very hard. I yo yo the weight! Anyway, I was going to do WW but figured I would try this first.

Oh, my name is Mary and that golden age is coming for me 40! So initially I wanted to lose it by then...but would be happy with 10 more by then! I live in sunny San Diego and am a bit of a runner. I am currently at 160 but want to see 135!

mary
  • vilas
    vilas Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello I am from the UK - sorry I have never lost the habit of referring to stones and pounds. (14 pounds in one stone) - my current weight is 168 pounds and I am aiming for 140 pounds - it seems like an uphill task at the moment!

Thanks for the welcome messages, this does sound like a very supportive group. :-)