Scale RAGE!

I hear a lot of people on MFP talking about how the scale isn't moving. It makes me RAGE! :explode:

I really suggest using the mirror as the the scale and judge your personal results from there.

So many aspects go into weight. Digestion time, water consumption, vitamins, etc.

CHECK YOURSELF (in the mirror) BEFORE YOU WRECT YOURSELF (cheat because you gained .8 pounds)

Consistency is the biggest piece to seeing results.

Goodluck and friend me.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    People tend not to notice changes in the mirror for quite awhile. Obese people and even thinner people with eating disorders are really bad at judging themselves in the mirror, a fact confirmed in multiple studies. The scale provides an objective, if somewhat fickle, measurement.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    I find that my scale and mirror and in league with eachother...both conspiring to tell me I am not seeing the progress I want...

Actually, I have to agree...the scale is the downfall to so many people. Although I don't log it, I use the scale to see how my weight fluctuates when I have consumed too much salt, not feeling well, etc. Very educational to see trends and then change those bad habits after identifying them.

Although, the mirror sucks for me...I am too critical and I think I have a mental image of myself that is different than what is actually appearing....I personally use the clothing test....although, that only works for weight loss
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    I hate the scale.
    In all fairness, however, I hate the mirror just as much.
    I typically *kitten* my weight in how my clothes fit, though this has recently become an issue as well...

Rage in general.
  • You're very thin and look like you're in great shape
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    *cough cough* I can't help but feel you posted this topic just so your profile picture would get more attention.

Just sayin'.
  • katief1982
    katief1982 Posts: 16 Member
    A friend who is a personal trainer quoted "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. "

No idea where he got this from - but am now counting down to week 4...