I'm Genitically Unable to Lose weight

Options
That was my favorite excuse.... Everyone in my family is big... I'm meant to be big. That was me 1 year ago. I made a major change, and I finally in my life did something for me. My breaking point was seeing stretch marks on my body like I was pregnant... (Nothing against you moms). I didn't even look like I belonged to my mom's side of the family "The fit side" (I'll post some pics). I was so fed up with making excuses for myself and finally a close friend said... prove it... prove that all these "excuses" are true. So I said "FINE" for one month I'll do it right and when I don't lose weight I'll say "HA it is genetic". Well let's just say I lost that bet... after losing 10 lbs the first month. I kept going... and going... and going. Eventually the stretch marks from fat turned into stretch marks from muscle... and 10lbs turned into 30... which turned into 60... which is now 90 lbs in less than 1 year. 264 to now 172 in 10 months. I am proudly living proof that anybody can do this. I owe a lot of this to MFP for giving me a guidance and direction on what to eat and how much to eat.

Feel Free to add me to see what I do on a daily basis. It's not a very crazy diet but you will see that every day I stay under the calorie intake suggested. That's what it's all about... calories in... calories out... and I don't EVER eat dinner after 7:00 pm. I go to gym about 5 times a week and changed my laziness into activeness. It's that simple. I look forward to talking to more people and hopefully reaching out to those struggling and provide some motivation and support.

Me at Best Friends Wedding At my Heaviest

254390_236066219740132_1837287_n_zps5dfc2081.jpg

Me with my "Fit Side" of the Family
148301_1598016042946_5942195_n_zpsacdf95e2.jpg

Me after with my Closest Friends
46272_10200727936187085_2086916709_n_zps7085ecba.jpg

Before and After Side by Side
5338fb05-c5cf-4976-9207-caa3f55d39b2_zps22791234.jpg

Replies

• sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    You're awesome, I was about to yell at you for the title..lol
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Incredible! Keep up the great work!!!
  • gilsoncj
    Options
    Thanks... ladies
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep up the great work.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    wow you are amazing, great job.
  • Katy_G2013
    Katy_G2013 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I love the title! I was like ohhh this is gonna be good...and it was AMAZING! Congrats on the loss!!!
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great job! :) Very inspiring.
  • curejenn
    curejenn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Seriously amazing!!! *Inspired*
  • frankrca
    frankrca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Super Super story and way you have just kept up the routine to a full life.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Aw. You're a cutie. Congrats on all your hard work and most importantly - YAY for overcoming genetics. :P
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Its amazing how people confuse environment with genetics. Good on you for breaking away from that mentality
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    That's awesome...and it's THAT easy! Yes, it is harder based on genetics for some to lose weight, but not IMPOSSIBLE. You're an inspiration!! :drinker:
  • gilsoncj
    Options
    Its amazing how people confuse environment with genetics. Good on you for breaking away from that mentality

I used to listen and relate to people that were "Large" because we all used the same reasons... Bad knees, Bad Back... but the funny thing is that one month after starting my change it all disappeared.. No more knee or back problems. While I used to relate to the excuses and reasons... now I'm almost annoyed by people who say "They Cant" or "It's impossible".
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    well done!!!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

I also came here to yell at you, haha. But awesome job! It's great to prove yourself wrong, isn't it?
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger too.:flowerforyou:
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    wow you look great! it took years off of your looks!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've got bad knees, hips, back, and shoulders.....but I am doing it and I feel so much better!
  • gilsoncj
    Options

I also came here to yell at you, haha. But awesome job! It's great to prove yourself wrong, isn't it?
    I thought it might gain some attention... lol. And yes it feels so great to prove myself wrong...
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! Great job on your hard work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!