My first NSV!

Options

Replies

• locababa
    locababa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is great. Keep up the good wok. one step at a time. I am proud of you. Go Girl!!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Sometimes that first step is the hardest to take! You should be very proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    What you did was a grand victory. To take the step to do what you wanted & you neeed to do is a Victory.
    Any ways to get your living environment emotionally supportive to what you are doing for your life? Hang tough, do what you gotta do and don’t let others hold you back.

Way to go- Glad you enjoyed a nice walk!
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So for most this would likely seem like a very small thing, But today was the first time I got up and went for a walk after I said I would. Im living with family at the moment and though they mean well they make healthy eating and exercise very difficult and I was determined to get up and go out before anyone was even awake. So far I can only walk 20-30 mins with out dying but its a start and Im proud of myself for sticking to it so far ^^.

Nothing is small or insignificant. That is a great thing! One step at a time and soon you'll be farther than you ever thought possible!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Keep up the wonderful work! AND Be proud of each accomplishment. You deserve it!
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    That is awesome. at least you are starting somewhere. I remember calling my sister telling her my heart hurts it feels like it is fixing to explode. she said did you just get back from walking. i said yes and she said you will be fine you are just not used to it. I was only walking about 20 min and was only about 1/4 of a mile.
  • jmc827
    jmc827 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I know how hard deciding to drag our butts outta bed can be when we are first starting out!! Congrats, keep it up!!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep up the good work.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The first walk I took, I made it seven minutes round trip. But it was a start. The fact that you got up and did 20-30 minutes is a wonderful start!! Congratulations! You should be proud of your self. Good luck to you on your journey!!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    the walking really works. I've done so much exercising in my life.. and i lost the best when i simply walked two and a half miles a day. .....and it was fun because i could think..enjoy nature..or listen to music. Good luck in your weight loss journey.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    That is a totally awesome Victory and I bet it feels great. Now you know that you can do it and that you can do it again and again and again. Keep it up. These little things keep us going strong!!!
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The first time I walked, I made fifteen min and it took thirty to recoup..... this past Saturday I walked four miles and it took no time to recoup! EVERY SINGLE NSV is a big deal...its what will keep u going.
  • tgdillon
    Options
    keep up the good work.....just 40 days ago, my knees hurt to walk up a flight of stairs. I could only walk for 20 minutes on the treadmill and my shins were killing me. I'm now up to 45 minutes consistently and I am able to run some as well. This site is very inspirational. Stay in touch with others. It really helps.
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    I'm very proud of you! I hope that this is the first of many lovely walks. :)
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Way To Go! The first step out the door is always the hardest. Just keep up the momentum and get out again tomorrow :-)
  • steflbrown
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Great job hun! Small steps, pretty soon, you'll be waking up before everyone else every day and RUNNING! <3
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It is not a small thing :) Often times, just finding the motivation to get up and do it is the hardest part! Good for you and keep at it!

Ditto!!!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep it up!!
  • jlynnekemp
    jlynnekemp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree that actually getting up (early!) and actually getting moving is sometimes the hardest part! Way to go, and keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!