KoKo Fit Club- anyone tried it?

Options
Hi All,
I had a complimentary session at KoKo Fit Club this morning. I am debating whether or not I'd like to join. Is anyone here a member or has tried it before? It is a neat concept in that the machines keep track of how much weight you've lifted each session and also adjusts to your fitness level to get you stronger. You basically just follow along with the program that the machine sets for you and you can track all of this online. You also earn "points" for each workout and for each cardio session.
Well, looking forward to some feedback on my question!
Thanks

Replies

• jonibascle
    Options
    Koko is awesome!!! It's not only the automated personal training, there are so many benefits to it! Did you do a cardio? High calorie burn in 15 minute sessions that you're guided through by a personal trainer on an MP3 player. Plus now there is koko fuel! It's an optional nutrition program available at no additional cost. It's brand new this month. Very cool! Gives you plate by plate meal plans, shopping lists, recipes, etc... Koko is the best thing that's happened to me in the last few years! Good luck!
  • doweimp
    Options
    It is amazing, I have earned over 300,000 koko points over the past two years and now they have Koko Fuel to guide you on nutrition as well. Just commit to it and show up 3 to 4 times a week. I love the fact that I don't have to think about what I need to do, just follow the directions on the screen. (full disclosure - My wife owns a few Koko clubs)
  • ryanpitt81
    Options
    I have been a member of Koko for 30 days now and have lost 9 lbs! If that weren't enough i have had a 36% strength gain. I have been lifting weights for seventeen years so to get those results is amazing! I was skeptical at first but it has produced amazing results and the most balanced workout regiment i have had in seventeen years! I would most definitely recommend Koko to everyone. My wife and i are hooked and it works hand in hand with myfittnesspal. I hope this has helped good luck!
  • kcatcraig
    kcatcraig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I joined Koko almost 3 years ago. The points are motivational. The way they track your progress is motivational as well. I love that I can go online to see how frequently I've been working out (or not). In all my life I never stuck with an exercise program more than a month or two until now. Koko makes it so easy. The workout programs vary depending on your fitness goals. I've tried the tracks for weight loss, toning & sculpting, and sports conditioning. I'm 50 and in the best shape of my life. The addition of the eBMI tracking and nutrition program made a good thing even better. I love that I can go to the gym any time of the day or night to get a quick workout in. The cardio programs on the MP3 players really made me push myself much harder on the treadmill or elliptical machine than I ever thought possible. In the past I never tried an incline higher than 2 but now I regularly workout at an incline of 10. It's amazing how much you can sweat in 15 minutes on a treadmill when you push it! I've been using Koko and MyFitnessPal together for years. It would be great if the data could be merged some day.
  • cjkoko
    Options
    I love Koko so much that I now own three clubs! Koko FitClub is the one fitness solution that is actually a solution for me! I was someone who had tried everything - inexpensive gyms, pricey gyms, personal training. I wasn't able to stick with anything for very long. I felt very uncomfortable at gyms because I had no clue what to do. I stuck with the treadmill because it was easy. Personal training was good but I wasn't able to go often enough to make the difference I was looking for, not to mention the cost!!! Koko FitClub completely changed my life, so now I own it to bring the same solution to others. No need to even think when you are there, and you are getting the most efficient and effective workout possible in just 30 minutes of strength training and 15 minutes of cardio. The science behind it is solid. It really does deliver optimum results in minimal time. You just have to commit, and the results are sure to follow.
  • kikinords
    Options
    I have been a member at Koko in Savage, MN since they opened! I am loving it and am seeing amazing results! I had a 41% strength gain since Dec 6. I was a personal trainer customer for 9 months, went once a week and paid $65 / session - while I loved the trainer, keeping the same set time started to be a challenge with our busy schedules + the price was starting to be too much. For WAY less of the cost, I have the flexibility AND I can still have the personal training. The new Fuel program is great, I decided to bite the bullet and do the FUEL BOOST program and since day 3, I am already down 3 pounds. Using My Fitness Pal to track my food has been helpful - my only hope is that they are integrated at some point - BEST OF BOTH WORLDS! I am definitely a KOKO-NUT now!
  • ryanpitt81
    Options
    Well I think its unanimous we all want Koko and Myfittnesspal to sync automatically! Fuel tracked would be amazing. Owners talk to corporate and members talk to your owners and see if we could make this happen.
  • scherer5127
    scherer5127 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I joined over Memorial Weekend. I had been trying for over a year to loose weight. I was using myfitnesspal, but was not seeing much for results. Since joining Koko, I have lost 20 pounds. Well, it is not lose, it is all on the floor of Koko, just not on me any more. Knowing what to do for your exercise each and every time you go is huge. Being able to go 24 hours a day/7 days a week is huge! And now, with Koko Fuel, I know exactly what I should be eating as well. I am on the 2nd week of the fat blaster program and I have already lost 2 pounds! I give the fit club two thumbs up!
  • cachterk4j
    Options
    I was so not an exercise person until I signed up for Koko at my friend's request. I am seeing immediate results and I truly am excited to go as often as I can. The challenge is great and I love that its all figured out for me...no thinking involved....just concentrating on form and pace. It feels like purposeful exercise, not mindless and I really appreciate that about the Koko workouts. I also love that you get maximum bang for the buck - Im in and out in no time and I've really had a great workout. Having your personal webpage is great accountability and encouragement, too. Plus, the staff are friendly, encouraging but not in your business!!!
  • Mastalink
    Options
    This is my 6th week at Koko Fitness, and I finally found a place I feel comfortable with. After years of yoyoing and trying to take notes in my little notepad I absolutely love the fact I don't have to think about my workout. I just plug in my usb key and follow their automated trainer. Its really efficient, and so far I have dropped 16 pounds from 261 to 245. I know my lean mass thanks to their computer and I am relatively certain most of the drop was actual fat loss. I also changed my diet about mid way through to lean meats like turkey, chicken and extra lean beef. I also have tried to minimize my intake of simple carbs. I have no intentions on letting up.
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow! sounds like all of you are sold! It is a bit pricey but I'm going to seriously consider a 3 month trial, so I can get a good feel for how it works. Thanks everyone for the feedback!
  • erbrat
    erbrat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just had a franchise open up right near my home... was wondering what the costs were? and who has tried the fuel (nutrition) part of it? What are your opinions? advice? It looks and sounds amazing, but I want to make sure it's something I'll stick with, etc.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that finds it odd that most of the people praising it have only one or two posts on the forum lol. That would make me very weary of it, just saying....
  • busterrocks
    busterrocks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I joined about a month agao and I love it! It was absolutely the right thing for me. As a previous poster mentioned, I'd tried everything and nothing seemed to stick. I like that it's all planned out for me, and I don't have to remember what machine to use or what weight I need to use, etc. I can't say enough good things about it.

I jumped into the new program right after my initial foundation program, so i haven't had another strength assessment, but I'll be really excited to see my progress.
  • erbrat
    erbrat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I joined about a month agao and I love it! It was absolutely the right thing for me. As a previous poster mentioned, I'd tried everything and nothing seemed to stick. I like that it's all planned out for me, and I don't have to remember what machine to use or what weight I need to use, etc. I can't say enough good things about it.

I jumped into the new program right after my initial foundation program, so i haven't had another strength assessment, but I'll be really excited to see my progress.

I'm signed up for my complimentary session and tour of the place and I'm so excited!! Hope to hear about your progress along the way and good luck!!
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I go there in my area. I started in November. I really love it. Ihave 3 small kids so my time is really valuable. I don't have time to mess around at the gym for 2 hours. I love that Koko is super quick. I always feel better when i leave and I have to admit a huge factor was that it is right near my house. How can you beat that?! It's perfect for my schedule because you can go 24 hours a day, also a plus!

I feel stronger but I haven't lost any weight yet. :( Hopefully soon.
  • speshe
    speshe Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been a member of Koko since October of 2012 and I have to say I really love it. It is easy to stay motivated there. I never get bored or feel like I just don't want to go work out. I LOVE that it isn't a typical "gym" scene and that I can get in, exercise, and get out. I don't have to worry about other people watching me because they are too busy watching their pace bar! I don't have to think about what muscle groups to do in my next workout, or how much I need to lift.... it does all that for me!
  • Lizc718
    Lizc718 Posts: 2
    Options
    i've been doing koko for almost two years! i have NO posts here because I just joined MFP. Koko is great. done in 30 minutes for strength and 15 minute for cardio, home within an hour. you need help, there is always someone to help during manned hours.
  • trixiehudson
    trixiehudson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just joined MFP and also joined Koko 2 months ago. It is an addiction! In and out with an amazing workout in 45 minutes. All kinds of motivators to keep you focused. Try it!
  • mendobear
    Options
    I have only been going to Koko Fit Club for a couple of weeks, but I can't believe how different I feel after Koko than other workouts. In fact, I'm not someone who posts comments, well, ever. But Koko is already making such a huge change in how I feel I wanted to take a minute to put my two cents in. The program is unique to each person. Every work out I leave there feeling on top of the world. I have always been someone who enjoys a good work out. After it's done, I want to be somewhat aware throughout the rest of the day that I had a good workout. At traditional gyms I get bored and the routine of it just drags me down. With Koko, you just show up and do what the SmartTrainer tells you. 15 minutes of high intensity cardio before getting started with the SmartTrainer really gets you off on the right foot. In 30 years of various exercise routines, never have I consistently left the gym feeling like I just worked out at my perfect pace - I feel great, I am mentally more alert, my muscles feel worked, but I am not so overdone that I couldn't do it again tomorrow. If you have a Koko near you try it out. It's expensive, but not as expensive as paying for a gym you don't want to go to where your workouts aren't getting you to a maximum benefit. And, they now have customized meal plans unique for you - no extra charge - to get you in top shape!