is drinking fizzy water- the same as plain water

Options
I have been drinking the fizzy water - it has no calories- just goes down better than plain water
is this okay?

thanks

Replies

• sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Check for sodium content as some carbonated drinks contain some.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Check for sodium content as some carbonated drinks contain some.

Yeah you have to be careful. It might have 15-40mg of sodium.
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    There is nothing (absolutely nothing) in the ones I drink. It is just like drinking water except it feels like you could be drinking a soda. (: I love them.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've read the ingredients and compared them to diet soda. They seem to be basically the same to me minus the dye that's in soda . . .
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is get a Sodastream....they are really awesome.. I drink two bottles (8 cups per day)... and it just uses regular tap water (if where you live is OK to drink the tap water).

If you buy it you might want to look at the salt (sodium) content...

Keep drinking your water!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Just as the others have said, just check on the sodium... they don't taste salty or anything but some have sodium in them. Otherwise, I think it's a great alternative to plain water - I like mine with some lime or lemon squeezed in.

Right now, with it being cold out, I tend to drink unsweetened hot tea. But, I can see as summer approaches turning toward more sparkling water instead.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking the fizzy water - it has no calories- just goes down better than plain water
    is this okay?

thanks

Little known fact, it's the carbonation in soda that makes people fat, not the sugar
  • dfelteau
    dfelteau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too have issues with plain water and need the fizzy stuff at times. I have and use a Sodastream for perhaps my last two glasses of water needed daily or I tend to get San Pellegrino since it's naturally carbonated.
  • LibertyAkitas
    LibertyAkitas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love love love my soda stream! There is no way I would get all my water in without it!