List your NSVs!

Options
As it can be all too easy to focus on the number on the scales and forget the other successes, I thought it would be a good idea to share a list of our NSVs :) After losing 51lb, mine (so far) are:

Being able to shop in regular high street stores, rather than having to buy online from plus size retailers
Not having to be conscious whether my backside and belly will fit through small spaces (e.g. the aisle of a bus)
Being able to fit comfortably on just one seat on the train or bus
Feeling my collar bones and hip bones start to reappear
Friends and work colleagues noticing I'm losing more and more weight (in a good way)
Not snoring :)
Not getting out of breath walking up the stairs in work
Better skin because I'm eating healthier
Less aches and pains (especially back ache, which I suffered from a lot due to the size of my chest)
Easier to walk in high heels
Being able to get my arms out in public, rather than having to cover up with a cardigan regardless of how warm I am
Less sweaty :P
Being able to walk to places without getting breathless
Stretch marks on my calves just below the back of my knees have disappeared (I didn't think this was possible!) and the ones on my tummy and hips are fading
Teeth are less sensitive and feel cleaner because I'm not eating lots of chocolate and not drinking sugary drinks
Being able to eat in public without feeling conscious about my size
Generally feeling more confident

I still have a long way to go in terms of the number on the scale, but I'm pretty impressed with the things I've already gained by losing :)

What's your NSV list looking like?

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Today went from a size 10 to size 8!!!! :bigsmile:
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I ran ('ran') for the bus this morning and got further than usual before being winded. WIN. *\o/*
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well done both of you, excellent NSVs! :)

Haha, I know what you mean about the "running for the bus scenario", that's me every morning! I'm impressed that I can now even do it with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth! Note to self, must stop smoking soon... :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    495 deadlift PR, and a seven and a half minute mile, so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!