Just curious??

Options
I hope you all are having a great Saturday, weather here is great!! I would love to be at the park walking on the trail, but I have to clean house today for Easter Sunday dinner.
I am just curious, I have started wearing a pedometer. I know the recommended steps a day is about 10,000. Can I count this as exercise? If I can't I am screwed! :ohwell: I walk alot at work and of course when I get home, you know Mom's 2nd job.

Any ideas?

Also, everyone have a great and blessed Easter!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I hope you all are having a great Saturday, weather here is great!! I would love to be at the park walking on the trail, but I have to clean house today for Easter Sunday dinner.
    I am just curious, I have started wearing a pedometer. I know the recommended steps a day is about 10,000. Can I count this as exercise? If I can't I am screwed! :ohwell: I walk alot at work and of course when I get home, you know Mom's 2nd job.

Any ideas?

Also, everyone have a great and blessed Easter!! :flowerforyou:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Weather here is great too. In addition to cleaning the house the dogs got baths today. I wonder how many calories I burned bathing two unwilling 35-45 pound dogs!

I think it certainly counts in terms of calories burned. However, you're probably not getting your heart rate up high enough or long enough to get the benefits of cardio exercise or to burn stored fat.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    That sounds right. I bet your heart rate was up there bathing the dogs! Where can I fit in more cardio, because of 2 boys and everyday life, there is very little extra time, of course unless I get up 2 hours earlier. Just one problem, I kinda like my sleep.