Seriously read this article.

Options

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I didn't bother reading the article b/c I don't usually find them useful, but does anyone else object to the word "scary" being applied to food? It's not like anyone's making salad with deadly nightshade dressing.

Nothing to be scared of. It's just food. Some types food will have a different effect than others.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't mind a little Butylated Hydroxy Anisole(BHA) in my Beer.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I know my peanut butter is legally allowed to have up to 152 insect parts and 10 rodent hairs per gallon, but I haven't slowed down on my PBJ's one bit!
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Meh... The article is full of "linked", "might", "has been reported to", which amounts to nothing.

The truth behind most of those articles are SOME people.

-my grandmother would get migraines frome msg and aspertame. I have no issues with either.
    -my son gets hyper and aggresive when he eats many food colorings. That doesn't mean other children can't eat them. My daughter channels satan when she eats most preservatives. Again, other people can go ahead.
  • karakreature
    karakreature Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Looks like I can't eat.... :frown:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I know my peanut butter is legally allowed to have up to 152 insect parts and 10 rodent hairs per gallon, but I haven't slowed down on my PBJ's one bit!

You, sir, owe me a new keyboard for that
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Meh... The article is full of "linked", "might", "has been reported to", which amounts to nothing.

unless we're talking about diet sodas....amirite?
  • Andyandyandyandyandy
    Options
    My daughter channels satan when she eats most preservatives. Again, other people can go ahead.

Damn those preservatives.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Me either. PB has magical powers. Until I actually see one of those body parts or hairs, I'm good.
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

You, sir, owe me a new keyboard for that

HA HA HA! I love it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i agree
    there are bugs in peanut butter and chocolate which can only mean one thing. insects are delicious
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    i agree
    there are bugs in peanut butter and chocolate which can only mean one thing. insects are delicious
    Chocolate covered insects are a delicacy! And we're getting them for free! I love the FDA..
  • Jubee31
    Jubee31 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^

Hahaha
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options

I did not think anything could ever come between me and my beloved PB... but now?!?!
  • emilym_3
    Options
    All I know is I'm not eating anything with Beaver anal gland juice in it.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

I can only assume this is referring to food items that are raspberry flavored, which is completely true. Given what can go into chorizo, which is delightful, I don't know that I care that much, but to each their own.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My daughter channels satan when she eats most preservatives.

When she was a teenager, thats all mine was..are we related?
  • emilym_3
    Options

I can only assume this is referring to food items that are raspberry flavored, which is completely true. Given what can go into chorizo, which is delightful, I don't know that I care that much, but to each their own.

The article said it was imitation vanilla extract and anything that says "Natural Flavoring" in the ingredients.
  • crabbok
    crabbok Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Why not? You've probably been eating it for years already, and most likely that gland is delicious. When it comes to food, ignorance is bliss.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: It’s beaver anal gland juice.

:laugh: