Splitting up P90x workouts

Chavtastic
Chavtastic Posts: 40 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Each workout is on average an hour. Do you think it's okay to do half in the morning and half in the afternoon/evening?

Replies

• areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    I think you'll miss out on the the goal of the workout, to push yourself to the limit. But, with busy schedules, you have to do what you have to do. Just make sure if you split it up, you are warming up and stretching before each session.
    Good luck.
    I start P90X tonight!!
  • Chavtastic
    Chavtastic Posts: 40 Member
    Yeah. I considered that too. I only did half this morning before I had to get to work and I feel like i short changed myself. Guess I'll just do the whole thing tonight and not feel guilty. Thanks.
  • scweegie
    scweegie Posts: 59
    I am no expert with this program, but I am not sure you would get the benefit of the entire workout. It seems that all the exercises or moves flow into the next one. I think there are some beach body coaches on this site, so hope they can help.

I am starting my second week tonight. I was soooo sore last week.
  • I feel that its definitely better than not doing it at all, but part of the point of P90x is to get your cardio up while you are working out so not only are you building muscle or toning muscle you are burning calories at the same time.
  • I did P90X a couple years ago, and I would definitely recommend against splitting it up. As others have said, the point is to work until your muscles are exhausted and by cutting it in half you would lose some of the benefit. I loved the program and definitely saw and felt results. Enjoy!!
  • nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    I wouldn't recommend it. Part of the purpose is certain exercises working together and keeping your heart rate up to get the calorie burn. I don't think you'll get nearly the same results by splitting it up. Good luck! There is p90x thread with lots of newbies and veterans if you need/want any more advice!

just realized a lot of people already posted about this...sorry to repeat info!
This discussion has been closed.