Hi... could use friends to support here

Options
Hi, I'm Courtney and I've struggled with weight since after High School mostly... some 20 years ago... I've got through spurts of loosing because of depression mostly but never did so in a healthy way and never got below 188.

I am now attempting to follow healthier eating habits, including eating 5 to 6 small meals/snacks a day - and try to get to the gym as much as possible, usually 4 to 6 times a week and I do try to post as much as possible on MFP. - a great friend hooked me up on here a long time ago, but this time around I have a lot more determination just need more guidance and motivation.

I do have a trainer at the gym I am at, though I haven't hired him yet. My biggest struggle is cardio... and the weights I am doing is precor machines... I am not knowledgeable with the free weights.

So what I need are some friends who can help me with the tracking - making sure I am doing things right - or guide me - motivate me - keep me going... I've been at this heavy and determined since the end of December, but am not losing weight, maybe a pound one week but it appears the next. The trainer is watching my measurements and we are do to re measure and such in a couple weeks. But my own since October, some areas have lost a bit.

So, here I am - add me, motivate me - help me!!

Can't wait to meet you!

Courtney

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I would love to support you on this journey! It has helped me a lot in the 5 weeks I have been using MFP.

If you are honest and open about what you eat and exercise and try to release those old bad habits, you will have success!!!
  • irishscootz
    Options
    Hey Courtney! Good luck on your journey!!! Remember, your first initial few weeks, they weight will most likely start melting off. But after that, it's the old slow and go. I have been working at this for close to 2 months now, and the first month I lost close to 20 lbs! But after that it has slowed down to 1-2 lb's a week. At first it was a little discouraging, but besides the weight loss, I have noticed a definite change in my body. Try not to be so concerned with the numbers. You will have a good idea of how you're doing, because your body will tell you.

As far as working out, definitely get some instruction on how to do certain exercises properly. One of my biggest mistakes was tying to emulate what I saw other people doing. There were a lot of people, like me, doing the same thing. In the end, I found that I was just doing certain things wrong, and not making good use of my time in the gym. Remember that quality is always better than quantity!!