I fear my arms.

Options
For years I have never worn anything that shows my arms. And if I did...I was well aware and uncomfortable the whole time. This summer I want to be confident in my body and not fear showing it off. I want to wear a bathing suit for once and not care if someone glances over at me. I want to have fun in the sun without reservations.

Replies

• CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do it! Who cares what other people think anyway, as long as you feel great! :) Good luck!

Mark
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    confidence comes from within.. You are on the right path by being on MFP and getting healthy. But honestly, I've seen some big woman that are so beautiful just because of the confidence.. It's attractive to see someone that is comfortable in their own skin. When you're not, it shows.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    p.s. go hit a tanning bed before you jump into a bathing suit... It will make you look darker, which makes you look more toned.. I do this in the winter because it makes my stretches 10x better to look at and it makes me feel prettier, which in turn, makes me more confident.
  • Candyrot89
    Options
    Thanks you guys! ANd yeah the whole tanning thing I've been scared of..but I'll need to overcome that fear..I heard it even helps with skin looking healthier as long as you do it sparingly
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    There are plenty of self-tanners on the market that are just as effective as a tanning bed, with faster results, and that do less damage to your skin in the long term. Try Jergens Natural Glow Express.
  • Candyrot89
    Options
    There are plenty of self-tanners on the market that are just as effective as a tanning bed, with faster results, and that do less damage to your skin in the long term. Try Jergens Natural Glow Express.

I've tried those before and they came out blotchy and it was embarassing lol. But if I could figure out a way to do it without that happening..I would definitely try it again
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    As someone who had to have some skin cancers removed from my face, yikes, I have to second the self tanners. They are great these days.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options

I've tried those before and they came out blotchy and it was embarassing lol. But if I could figure out a way to do it without that happening..I would definitely try it again

It's all in the application... check out the following posts for some ideas of new products to try and ways to apply. Not sure about you, but I would rather have an orange streak on my arm now than cancerous sores all over my body in 20 years. I'm just sayin...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89153-self-tanning-lotion