Funk!

Options
What do you do to get yourself out of a funk and into the gym? Having one of those days!

Replies

• momof377
    momof377 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just think about how much better you will feel after you go :-)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    If you give up - you will always remain bigger than you are meant to be. If you keep trying, no matter what - one day, you will reach your goal.

I think about this especially after having a bad day with my eating.

Once in awhile Ill go shopping and I will always buy clothes a few sizes too small to fit. :D This keeps me motivated knowing that my closet is full of awesome new clothes that are too small for me.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I tell myself "self, nobody can do it for you". One more day working out is one more day closer to my goal. And even if it sucks, that is nothing compared to how crappy I'd feel about myself if I didn't go.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Just go. The motivation will come.
  • ts1717
    ts1717 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It is the commute from the city out on the train where the doubts creep in...plus there is a pizza parlor at the train station! ugh
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    "You are one workout from a good mood!"
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    I look at myself in the mirror and the sheer horror makes me get my *kitten* up and moving! LMAO :drinker:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You have to decide how bad you want it. If you want it bad enough, you will put up with the commute, and find a way to resist the pizza.
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i often struggle wiht the same thing. what i do instead of "hitting it hard" i take a stroll. usually a nice 30 min walk alone with no music just my thoughts makes my mood better. and then i may feel like jogging and i may not. if i get the whim, i do, nad if i feel like stopping i do. im still in the beginning stages of my weight loss so nothing for me is a habit, and the only thing so far that stays consistent is my yoyo mood of wanting to try or not. but i feel better about myself when i do SOMETHING, ... anything!! thats jst me tho. it took me 6 months to realize not everything works for eveeryone the same. I had to figure out what was best for me. Maybe you just need to take the time to figure out what makes you go :-) Good luck! I'll be rooting for you <3
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just do it. I was in a funk through the holidays and had a hard time coming back. But one day I got up and went to boot camp and have been going again ever since. You're not going to "feel" like it but once you go you will feel AMAZING!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Just get up and go!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    JUST DO IT! NOW! OR I COME KICK YOUR *kitten*, ha ha ha ha
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Say FUNK it and go!!!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Take a walk or work out at home instead. Then jump back into the swing of things tomorrow. Just limit it to a single day before a new pattern is set.
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It is the commute from the city out on the train where the doubts creep in...plus there is a pizza parlor at the train station! ugh

So, go to the gym and burn off the pizza calories! Eat the pizza, work out.... be happy! :smile:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Pictures of my skinny self always serve to get me motivated. :P
  • ts1717
    ts1717 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Im going...Body pump at 7. Will ride bike from 6:15 till then. Training for an ironman in August so F the funk!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    The sooner you go, the sooner you'll be finished. Then the "having to go" will no longer be hanging over your head. You can relax the rest of the day.
  • TraceyG1971
    Options
    You don't always have to go to the gym. I never go to the gym for the simple fact that I am fat and most of the people there are already buff...lol. I stay at home and go for walks or do resistance exercises and sometimes get the hand weights out. On days you don't feel like doing the commute maybe you can consider those other options. I find walking helps me the most. It gives me time alone with my thoughts and helps me to appreciate the world around me, rather than the rush rush of town/city life.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this one. Just go. Even if you go with the mindset of doing something simple. Just do something. Even if you go to the mall and walk. I find that when I do that and see all the stuff I would like to be able to wear but can't even contemplate at this point, I get really motivated. You will feel so much better when you do! Stay strong and you'll be glad you did!!!